Health post

Want to know anything about feeding or the health of your birds post it here.
Buster121

I put a post on once of the Merca systems health and treatment guide but blowed if I can find it anywhere, anyone have any ideas as it looks like they have stopped showing it on there site now

Trying to find out what the disease is with symptoms similar to PMV, any help appreciated
Trev

I brought up an post put on by you titled "Trev" not sure if that's what you were looking for Buster 🤔
Newcastle Disease is caused by the Paramyxovirus !! Is that what you were thinking of mate ???
Buster121

Trev wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:38 pm I brought up an post put on by you titled "Trev" not sure if that's what you were looking for Buster 🤔
Newcastle Disease is caused by the Paramyxovirus !! Is that what you were thinking of mate ???
No mate it is something so similar to PMV like salmonellis or something but symptoms are same as PMV and people who get it think they have PMV, birds heads shake etc
Buster121

Trev wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:38 pm I brought up an post put on by you titled "Trev" not sure if that's what you were looking for Buster 🤔
That may be the one, but thought I had done a separate one for it, maybe I did it on old site
Buster121

Have emailed Mercasystems see if they can help me find it, unless they took it off
Buster121

Here is there reply what a quick response

Hello Steve

In that case, you may be referring to Salmonella, since sometimes its symptoms show up with problems in the joints of the neck, wings and legs of pigeons.

In the case of the neck joint, it can be confused with PMV - Newcastle disease.

The other option would be Adenocoli disease which usually affects young pigeons with watery green droppings, weight loss, loss of appetite, etc... and that can cause death in a few days.

I hope this helps you.

Ticket status has been changed to Closed

Best regards,
Michael Vega
Andy

A good response from them. I must say that I never treat for anything don’t even remove a sick bird from the loft. They either recover, die or if too bad are disposed of. I think that by the time you see a sick pigeon the rest of the loft would probably already have been exposed to what ever it is. All gives a good immune system.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:05 pm A good response from them. I must say that I never treat for anything don’t even remove a sick bird from the loft. They either recover, die or if too bad are disposed of. I think that by the time you see a sick pigeon the rest of the loft would probably already have been exposed to what ever it is. All gives a good immune system.
I don't either mate, well not any more just let nature take it's course, was asking for someone else who used to be in same club he has a problem but knows it's not PMV and I couldn't think which other one was similar but does look from there reply I was right in my thinking
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:01 pm
Andy wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:05 pm A good response from them. I must say that I never treat for anything don’t even remove a sick bird from the loft. They either recover, die or if too bad are disposed of. I think that by the time you see a sick pigeon the rest of the loft would probably already have been exposed to what ever it is. All gives a good immune system.
I don't either mate, well not any more just let nature take it's course, was asking for someone else who used to be in same club he has a problem but knows it's not PMV and I couldn't think which other one was similar but does look from there reply I was right in my thinking
Is he going to treat them? Has he lost birds, birds dying? Seems like YBS and fat eye are around at present.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

No idea Andy was just a conversation in general and it came up, probably won't see him for another 12 months now