Amino acids.

Want to know anything about feeding or the health of your birds post it here.
Devo1956

How important is it for our youngsters to go forward in life, development matters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Sv9Q84x0Qo
king

I've never ever given my birds in 50+ years Amino acids supplements. Just another way for a fancier to waste their money.
MIL

Devo1956 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:13 am How important is it for our youngsters to go forward in life, development matters.

I gave my children the best start in life possible

I adopt same principle with my pigeons
Andy

Can’t say I’ve ever heard of it before as needing to give it in addition to what’s naturally in their food. When farming we never gave the cows any supplements or minerals.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
king

MIL wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:12 pm
Devo1956 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:13 am How important is it for our youngsters to go forward in life, development matters.

I gave my children the best start in life possible

I adopt same principle with my pigeons
So you give your children Amino acid supplements Mike? Even though they are not recommended for kids?
MIL

I wouldn't knock something until I'd tried something that's my point

You can't speak of any plus/negative aspects of it without having used it
Andy

MIL wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:20 pm I wouldn't knock something until I'd tried something that's my point

I do see your point Mike, but it’s not for me.
Devo1956

When i had my birds, i would bring this home from Spain. I must say a product that my birds loved and youngsters did thrive on.

https://complementosparaaves.com/gb/for ... liter.html
king

MIL wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:20 pm I wouldn't knock something until I'd tried something that's my point

That's a valid point Mike. But how do fanciers evaluate products? A fancier who rears fantastic looking YBs without using a product can't rear better? A fancier winning without using products again can't do better? The only true test to evaluate is, if you are beaten by a fancier who doesn't use a perticular product, then he has better birds and your product is doing nothing and costing you money.
I like many 1000's of fanciers have tried products over the years. A new product sells well as fanciers try it, but many see no difference and stop using it. Then when sales drop of the product it's relaunched as 'better' or improved'
I've read 100's of write ups of winning fanciers and they often say what products they use, there's yet to be one product that stands out as a game changer? The thing that does stand out is the either have good birds or are good fanciers. In many cases they are both.
Andy

king wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:58 pm

That's a valid point Mike. But how do fanciers evaluate products? A fancier who rears fantastic looking YBs without using a product can't rear better? A fancier winning without using products again can't do better? The only true test to evaluate is, if you are beaten by a fancier who doesn't use a perticular product, then he has better birds and your product is doing nothing and costing you money.
I like many 1000's of fanciers have tried products over the years. A new product sells well as fanciers try it, but many see no difference and stop using it. Then when sales drop of the product it's relaunched as 'better' or improved'
I've read 100's of write ups of winning fanciers and they often say what products they use, there's yet to be one product that stands out as a game changer? The thing that does stand out is the either have good birds or are good fanciers. In many cases they are both.
I think you’ve the nail on the head there King. It’s a good fancier with good birds that win races.