Team size for 2023

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Wayne Jones

How big are peoples old bird teams for 2023 and what clubs you hoping to compete in?

How many yb you hoping to have?

I’ve got 10 pairs of old birds to compete in Wrexham Fed, Shropshire Fed and Beeston Castle 2 bird.

I’m looking at 25-30 yb
Andy

I have 65 old birds. 11 of which won’t race, stock of old birds that don’t race. 18 old birds in the race team and 36 yearlings that were trained as youngsters but not raced.
I will be looking to have around 40 youngsters. 6 from Buster and 4 from Trev. The other 30 I will breed from my own birds.
Racing with Glastonbury in the West of England South Road Combine and north with the Central Southern Classic.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

I do not race anymore, when I did it was with the Wolverhampton Fed
Wayne Jones

Andy wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:52 pm I have 65 old birds. 11 of which won’t race, stock of old birds that don’t race. 18 old birds in the race team and 36 yearlings that were trained as youngsters but not raced.
I will be looking to have around 40 youngsters. 6 from Buster and 4 from Trev. The other 30 I will breed from my own birds.
Racing with Glastonbury in the West of England South Road Combine and north with the Central Southern Classic.
Good team Andy. That’s good.

Started last year with 19, 7 of which took top 6 prize cards. Got 11 of those older birds left. Yb 2022 was terrible which was all my fault so my yearlings for 2023 are unknown
Andy

Wayne Jones wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:44 pm
Andy wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:52 pm I have 65 old birds. 11 of which won’t race, stock of old birds that don’t race. 18 old birds in the race team and 36 yearlings that were trained as youngsters but not raced.

Started last year with 19, 7 of which took top 6 prize cards. Got 11 of those older birds left. Yb 2022 was terrible which was all my fault so my yearlings for 2023 are unknown
You done well last year there Wayne. My yearlings are also unknown but some lovely ones amongst them. Looking forward to see how they do.
Hope you have a good season and looking forward to hearing how things go with you.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

I've got 57 old birds, 45 of those are potentially going to be in my race team with 12 older birds that won't race. I also have a few birds across the fields at our Mums that came from our old club Secretary when he sadly had to pack up a couple of years ago, these are really just enjoying a care free retirement but I do breed the odd couple of rounds from them to join my team and brother Andy's. I also have birds in my loft from former Worthing club members who have either sadly passed away or have been forced to give up so over the last couple of years have been trying to form these into a team. This year on the North I'm hoping to really get the opportunity to test them.
Trev

Wayne Jones wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:44 pm

Good results Wayne, good luck for 2023.