North road racing

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Andy

What their not telling you is that once registered you are required to register with a vet. In all probability you will also need a vet visit before sending across the channel this year. Vets are also required to be present at every marking station for those clubs wish to fly over the channel. I can see that the nationals will cut the number of marking stations making marking even more difficult with greater distances to travel for marking.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
killer

If that’s the case ,can’t you get to gether with your club mates & work out a deal with the vet ,ask your secretary to start talking with the vets ,cheers
Buster121

Andy wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:01 pm What their not telling you is that once registered you are required to register with a vet. In all probability you will also need a vet visit before sending across the channel this year. Vets are also required to be present at every marking station for those clubs wish to fly over the channel. I can see that the nationals will cut the number of marking stations making marking even more difficult with greater distances to travel for marking.
They are also on about getting certificated people to be able to go to marking stations to reduce vets fees, the course will probably cost a grand and have to be retaken every year or so, so not much savings if they do
Pete.dav

Murray wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:04 am
Buster121 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:40 am And what a great job you have done with it especially with the things that have been thrown at you, does it really make that much difference if it is from Lerwick or Barcelona still great distances either way, you will have to change the name Andy to the distance challenge loft :D ;)
You beat me to it Buster,
When you consider the obstacles that have come up over the last several years, Andy has done an amazing job.
He has a loft full of pigeons from all over, some very good ones, no doubt, but still not a strain built in that loft over years.
Then there has been the nightmare of Covid, Brexit, bird flu and all the other things that have conspired against him.
And still he has had pigeons turn in good performances from over the channel.

If I were him, I would turn them north, let them gain experience and race hardness. IF the channel racing ever become viable again, they can be switched back.
That's only my opinion.
The main thing is, Andy has not packed it in when a fair few would. My hat is off to you. :D
Couldn't agree more, I think Andy has done a fantastic job.