Feeding for 250-500 miles

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Ya pal I agree
Up here all fed raduis are huge I'm use to it now,, it takes a different type of pigeon if honest but it's OK the 5 times a season when things suit u must have ya birds right otherwise it's a long winter,
But north or south pal go where ya heart is not what others what you to do.
NeilA

Anthony webster wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:40 pm Ya pal I agree
Up here all fed raduis are huge I'm use to it now,, it takes a different type of pigeon if honest but it's OK the 5 times a season when things suit u must have ya birds right otherwise it's a long winter,
But north or south pal go where ya heart is not what others what you to do.
Yep I think bought up north by London fanciers it’s in me although most of that’s gone now
Your remember there wasn’t much south at all it was more for old boys flying 500 miles once a year and north was the ones to win
All changed now
Anthony webster
Great Britain

No m8 ya right was all north Rd now it's mainly south with the nfc bicc bbc in mind
I enjoy racing both routes if honest raced north since 2021 now going bk South but in few years probably go north again I get bored lol
NeilA

Anthony webster wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:01 am No m8 ya right was all north Rd now it's mainly south with the nfc bicc bbc in mind
I enjoy racing both routes if honest raced north since 2021 now going bk South but in few years probably go north again I get bored lol
👍
NeilA

Anthony webster wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:14 am Beyers koopman mix plus 10 percent paddy rice n 10 percent barley mate. Feed in hopper only topped up once it's all cleared.
What do you think of Varianix of VL / marimans only I can get VL local
Maybe with 20 per cent barley added as a guide
Do you think that’s a bit to heavy or will the barley compensate that plus use as a guide to over feeding like leave a tablespoon of barley in the tray
It’s to late for this year but I thought just try a few things out now rather than when I’m sending
Anthony webster
Great Britain

NeilA wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:40 am
Anthony webster wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:14 am Beyers koopman mix plus 10 percent paddy rice n 10 percent barley mate. Feed in hopper only topped up once it's all cleared.
What do you think of Varianix of VL / marimans only I can get VL local
Maybe with 20 per cent barley added as a guide
Do you think that’s a bit to heavy or will the barley compensate that plus use as a guide to over feeding like leave a tablespoon of barley in the tray
It’s to late for this year but I thought just try a few things out now rather than when I’m sending
I like superstar plus the best from vl mate think with bit extra maize n fat u can go to Thurso on that mix .
NeilA

Yep like a stronger Gerry
Anthony webster
Great Britain

NeilA wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:05 pm Yep like a stronger Gerry
Ya pal definitely that's all it is ,a strong gerry plus
NeilA

What put you off the nrcc Anthony ?
Only it’s in my mind as see the send in my section was 21 members last week against only 10 the year before
I got a plan to send to 5 fed races next year then have a lnrc or nrcc race every week pretty much cocks to London hens to nrcc so they all get a two week period between races
Just need something to get me going a bit as I can see the fed only going one way unless it opened up or joined which it won’t
I know south is a option like you said but I love north rd plus training the babies is so easy and I like them to have about 40 trainers in the 8-10 weeks the thought of the m25 after work would kill me
I remember you stopped sending but I can’t remember what put you off just you wasn’t happy over something was it the actual race points or something only I do t want to fall into the same problems
Anthony webster
Great Britain

I spoke the truth pal n nrcc didn't like it
The marking team are great n it's good but in 2022 when they liberated the birds at Lerwick in awful weather n the birds were sitting in the road at Lerwick 3 days later I spoke the truth it took 3 days to get 36 birds home from whole convoy ,I said I never race with them again n conveyer n race controller should hang there head in shame n be sacked on the spot ,
I resigned n will never race with em again pal.