From a very good loft.

Post your topics on breeding or family of pigeons here.
Devo1956

Buster121 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:31 pm
Devo1956 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:16 pm The youngster is worth what the buyer will pay, it goes on in all sports.
As with anything Dev not just birds, but I honestly believe no bird is worth that amount
And that is what the topic is now about, some will pay for birds and some won't. But that is the choice of all, when breeding if i wanted to buy a bird. I hoped i could strike a deal.
Trev

Personally regardless of how much some may or may not pay, which is obviously up to each individual, as there are obviously plenty of fanciers who are prepared to pay big money for pigeons. In my opinion, when you have impressive pedigrees like this you can easily get blinded as to the actual quality of the pigeon you are buying. I personally don't like this particular bird at all, it just doesn't look like it will live up to its pedigree !!
Just my opinion though, and as I've said on many occasions, I don't profess to be a champion pigeon fancier👍🤠
Devo1956

Trev wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:41 am Personally regardless of how much some may or may not pay, which is obviously up to each individual, as there are obviously plenty of fanciers who are prepared to pay big money for pigeons. In my opinion, when you have impressive pedigrees like this you can easily get blinded as to the actual quality of the pigeon you are buying. I personally don't like this particular bird at all, it just doesn't look like it will live up to its pedigree !!
Just my opinion though, and as I've said on many occasions, I don't profess to be a champion pigeon fancier👍🤠
Great feedback Trev, i have always said. We have a choice in what we do , if we want to sell a bird or buy a bird, we have a price in mind. Then it's down to our choice, to sell or buy. And once again we all have different views, on any topic, that is what makes a forum a very good one. Somewhere you can have your point of view, then reply to feedback.
Buster121

Trev wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:41 am Personally regardless of how much some may or may not pay, which is obviously up to each individual, as there are obviously plenty of fanciers who are prepared to pay big money for pigeons. In my opinion, when you have impressive pedigrees like this you can easily get blinded as to the actual quality of the pigeon you are buying. I personally don't like this particular bird at all, it just doesn't look like it will live up to its pedigree !!
So true Trev, oh the last sentence is wrong :D :D champ
NeilA

If that bird was in a local sale I wouldn’t look twice at to be honest i would kill it if I bred it I can’t stand that tail
Then there’s the pedigree that’s of no interest to me I look at parents and grand parents they must have bred winners 3 grandparents must be good not saying that isn’t and I like that info to be in the uk so I understand it and the geography more
I couldn’t care what the strain was or not
Mike just put me onto a cock that I paid £100 for I think the winners in that are equal to most but it’s not in fashion now pedigree strain wise
I have two hens here I paid £130 for together to date they have bred 9 fed winners between them I don’t have have a pedigree for one
I bought a cock for £50 in January in crap condition an old fashion sprint strain I know I will get a winner or two from him soon as I opened his beak . Next year for him though
Anthony webster
Great Britain

If there's not 6 winners in first 8 pigeons in pedigree give it a miss lads
I don't like tail either but had a hen once with 2 dropped tail feathers her whole life was a brilliant racer winning against odds n drag to 2 different addresses for me me
NeilA

Anthony webster wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:14 pm If there's not 6 winners in first 8 pigeons in pedigree give it a miss lads
I don't like tail either but had a hen once with 2 dropped tail feathers her whole life was a brilliant racer winning against odds n drag to 2 different addresses for me me
Did she breed anything mate ?
Anthony webster
Great Britain

NeilA wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:12 pm
Anthony webster wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:14 pm If there's not 6 winners in first 8 pigeons in pedigree give it a miss lads
Did she breed anything mate ?
When my dad got cancer n I sold every bird m8 she went when I started bk up I got her bk last Yr a stoat or wessel or rat got in aviary n killed the old hen iv daughter here a double winner pal but could of won 4 races her children are in team this year.
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Neil the hen with 2 dropped tail flights was ugly big as a cock her brother was A1 in hand n had 2x2nd fed but she had 2x1st fed n was ugly but her parents were unbelievable breeders that's why she got a chance as a baby with the dropped feathers because normally there useless but being of that pair she got a chance.
NeilA

Anthony webster wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:56 am Neil the hen with 2 dropped tail flights was ugly big as a cock her brother was A1 in hand n had 2x2nd fed but she had 2x1st fed n was ugly but her parents were unbelievable breeders that's why she got a chance as a baby with the dropped feathers because normally there useless but being of that pair she got a chance.
👍