Tail Feathers

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Devo1956

I would not get on a plane without a tail wing. :lol: :lol:
NeilA

Devo1956 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:38 pm I would not get on a plane without a tail wing. :lol: :lol:
😂
Diamond Dave
Great Britain

Hmmm. Its one of my Bicc Pau candidates (6 weeks) and 600 plus miles. Wouldnt want to send it if hes not in good feather.
I guess I'm lucky that the feckin hawk only got a couple of feathers!!!
Andy

Diamond Dave wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:15 pm Hmmm. Its one of my Bicc Pau candidates (6 weeks) and 600 plus miles. Wouldnt want to send it if hes not in good feather.
If just a couple of feathers they should be fairly well grown again by Pau and shouldn’t affect his performance. Hope he does well for you if you manage to send him.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
king

Diamond Dave wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:15 pm Hmmm. Its one of my Bicc Pau candidates (6 weeks) and 600 plus miles. Wouldnt want to send it if hes not in good feather.
My concern would be the races it will miss before going too 600 miles not it's tail feathers, they will be grown back by then. It will need some racing after about 3 weeks or it ain't going to be right for a 600 mile fly even with a nice new tail.
Anthony webster
Great Britain

I would not worry about the feathers I be more concerned about getting the pigeon focused again iv had pigeons that after being hawked never race again they just home in after the attack in 2021 I give away 3x1st fed winners n 1 that had come to win fed each one had returned hawked all secondary feathers missing in one wing all recovered but they refused to race they would turn up 2,3 hours after the race was over,, iv a beautiful young cock here he got hawked 13 days ago most he's tail missing he's banging around doing 45 mins am n pm but until he races I be totally unsure if he give he's best race day or just plod in when it's safe.
Murray

Yes it does their heads in.
That's why you don't see many old birds racing here. If they have half a dozen races they are usually too hawk shy to race properly.
I have had YB's really going well in the tosses, put a few old birds in and they come home broken up. The old pigeons see a falcon and dive for cover. Teach them to fear the hawks.
I have raced old birds and seen them come home and sit on the perch shivering. And they haven't a mark on them.
The hawks utterly wreck them.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Diamond Dave
Great Britain

Thanks gents. All bery helpful and very much appreciated