Need a new car.

Talk about anything here.
Muzza

February 13th, 2020, 8:04 am

My old car has done 245,000 kilometres, and still runs like a new car. Well, a good old car. :lol:

It has been all over the eastern states of Australia. It is a great old car.

But, I have another shed full of pigeons which are going to need testing on the road.

I should explain.

There used to be 3 clubs in Bendigo. Then there were 2. Now there is one.

A couple of years ago I went to the monthly meeting to pick up my rings. I said that I thought that releasing the sprint pigeons on the way back from the long race was not sensible. It meant them spending an 2 extra nights in the truck.

One of the top clique in the club told me I didn't know what I was talking about. Well, what he said was not that polite, but you get the drift. I have never been back, nor do I intend to.

So I have the matter of training and testing the pigeons myself.

I have been looking at vehicles to find one which is better than the sedan I have, which is economical, and suitable for carrying the pigeons.

There are a lot to chose from!
Regards,

Murray
Muzza

February 13th, 2020, 9:21 am

What I quite like is the Skoda Octavia wagon.

They are basically a Volkswagen.

They read well, and since they de-value quickly, a used, top spec one is quite affordable. :D

Ideal for putting the duifs in the back, and economical too.

What is the opinion on them over there?
Regards,

Murray
PVDMR

February 13th, 2020, 3:59 pm

Myself I will always stick with Honda motors,had eight of them,Never had a spanner to any of them
Seen hundreds of them come and go out of our garage,as I painted them when involved in an accident etc
As my boss used to say once you have driven one...nothing else comparesπŸ˜€
My son Scott has a Beamer,it’s been nothing but trouble,same with the Audi he had before it
He will learn eventually I Hope :?

Atb
You can buy The Mans Winning pigeons
BUT not the Man that flys them!!
paul1

February 13th, 2020, 6:21 pm

skoda have a good rep over here since vw bought them out. I agree with Honda reliability, i have a Ford at the minute but very much doubt i'll buy another. i think when the time comes i might look to see what used Honda's are around.
ConorP

February 13th, 2020, 6:56 pm

Muzza wrote: ↑
February 13th, 2020, 9:21 am
What I quite like is the Skoda Octavia wagon.

They are basically a Volkswagen.

They read well, and since they de-value quickly, a used, top spec one is quite affordable. :D

Ideal for putting the duifs in the back, and economical too.

What is the opinion on them over there?
I have a skoda octavia now loads of space and very practical, have not done any training in it yet but I'll let you know next month how it is.
trench

February 13th, 2020, 8:11 pm

Muzza wrote: ↑
February 13th, 2020, 8:04 am
My old car has done 245,000 kilometres, and still runs like a new car. Well, a good old car. :lol:

It has been all over the eastern states of Australia. It is a great old car.

But, I have another shed full of pigeons which are going to need testing on the road.

I should explain.

There used to be 3 clubs in Bendigo. Then there were 2. Now there is one.

A couple of years ago I went to the monthly meeting to pick up my rings. I said that I thought that releasing the sprint pigeons on the way back from the long race was not sensible. It meant them spending an 2 extra nights in the truck.

One of the top clique in the club told me I didn't know what I was talking about. Well, what he said was not that polite, but you get the drift. I have never been back, nor do I intend to.

So I have the matter of training and testing the pigeons myself.

I have been looking at vehicles to find one which is better than the sedan I have, which is economical, and suitable for carrying the pigeons.

There are a lot to chose from!
Sounds like that car of yours doesn't owe you much mate πŸ‘πŸ˜‰
It's a real shame you have no clubs to fly with near you, I don't understand why some fanciers have to be so rude and up themselves 😑😑
As for cars I don't really have much idea about the modern ones but Skoda's do have quite a good rep these days and are still relatively cheap in comparison. I personally have a Vauxhall vectra estate, it's 16 years old and has done over 130,000 miles but still runs beautifully. Sadly it is now only a work vehicle so doesn't get the care or respect it deserves πŸ€”πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ I do still use it to train my pigeons and with the back seats down would easily get 4 decent size baskets in it, probably more if I stacked them two high. As you say there are plenty to choose from, I take it you would want it as a family car too so a pickup wouldn't be much use !!!
buster121

February 13th, 2020, 8:17 pm

PVDMR wrote: ↑
February 13th, 2020, 3:59 pm
Myself I will always stick with Honda motors,had eight of them,Never had a spanner to any of them
Seen hundreds of them come and go out of our garage,as I painted them when involved in an accident etc
As my boss used to say once you have driven one...nothing else comparesπŸ˜€
My son Scott has a Beamer,it’s been nothing but trouble,same with the Audi he had before it
He will learn eventually I Hope :?

Atb
Up until last year I had honda cars as you say never any problems, now have vauxhall and thinking of going back to honda
Magic

February 13th, 2020, 8:32 pm

Children with autism are colourful - they are very beautiful and like the rainbow they stand out.
trench

February 13th, 2020, 8:34 pm

Magic

February 13th, 2020, 8:52 pm

Sorry about that, it was just to show my 'next' car cos me little 2002 Fiesta wont carry all my birds this year and I'll have to make a couple of trips to the club
Children with autism are colourful - they are very beautiful and like the rainbow they stand out.

Return to β€œChit Chat”