Early entries?

All other online competitions.
killer

February 14th, 2020, 7:39 pm

Very nice mate , I once tied to trace the feather leg birds back, my records here showed they started to come out in the Gits pigeons , the Frills ,from a French breed in the early 1800’s ,the turn crowns from the Hansenne’s ,mutations pop up every now & then ,cheers
trench

February 14th, 2020, 8:01 pm

killer wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 7:39 pm
Very nice mate , I once tied to trace the feather leg birds back, my records here showed they started to come out in the Gits pigeons , the Frills ,from a French breed in the early 1800’s ,the turn crowns from the Hansenne’s ,mutations pop up every now & then ,cheers
Interesting mate and think you right that they are all forms of mutation, I have had one or two with frills over the years and some with tufts on their heads. Our club Secretary had Jan ardens years ago that threw the odd one with tufts, he always reckoned they were the breeders.
Andy123

February 14th, 2020, 9:34 pm

These irregularities are caused as said by a mutation of a gene. This gene will be a recessive gene and not dominant. It could show up in the offspring at any point, but rarely. If 2 birds with the same recessive gene were paired together and both passed this gene onto any of their offspring it would then become a dominant gene and show up more regularly.
This is my understanding of genetics anyway. 😀😀
Muzza

February 14th, 2020, 10:15 pm

That youngster, and two others a few days younger, are doing very well.

I had the baths out yesterday, and they followed the others over and learned to have a bath.

When I called the others in they all ran in the door for their tea! It's good that they know how to go in and out and come on the call before they get on the wing.
Regards,

Murray
Muzza

February 15th, 2020, 12:25 am

Just put some carrots, celery and kale in the blender for the birds. Put a couple of bowls full on the floor of the loft.

Babies investigated, they think that's yummy! :lol:
Regards,

Murray
Petedav

February 15th, 2020, 9:26 am

Cracking looking birds Murray
trench

February 15th, 2020, 6:41 pm

Muzza wrote:
February 15th, 2020, 12:25 am
Just put some carrots, celery and kale in the blender for the birds. Put a couple of bowls full on the floor of the loft.

Babies investigated, they think that's yummy! :lol:
🤣😂 I really must try that one day 👍 I did used to blend beetroot and brown bread together for them they loved that, full of natural iodine, I had some of my best distance results back then.

Return to “Online Competitions”