Never had this before.

Talk about anything here.
devo56

February 11th, 2020, 4:35 pm

The 2 youngsters in the bowl, one is a mealy, but the other one as 2 different colours on the wings. what are you thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
buster121

February 11th, 2020, 4:43 pm

Looks like a bit of bronze or opal in it
devo56

February 11th, 2020, 4:46 pm

buster121 wrote: ↑
February 11th, 2020, 4:43 pm
Looks like a bit of bronze or opal in it
Yes Buster looks like Bronze, its from a Red Pied Cock x Cheq Hen.
Andy123

February 11th, 2020, 5:31 pm

Be interesting to see how it moults out. Photo is a bit dark mate. Looks like a Chequer one side and a bit of Grizzle the other.
I remember years ago a member of the Worthing club had a pigeon that was split right down the middle, blue Chequer one half and red Chequer the other half. Ones split red and blue will always be cocks. The Mealey will be a cock, the other could be either.
I had one that I called Rainbow. He was primarily a Red Chequer but had a blues tail and a big blue patch on the top of his head. He was a good pigeon and won many firsts.
devo56

February 11th, 2020, 5:37 pm

Andy123 wrote: ↑
Be interesting to see how it moults out. Photo is a bit dark mate. Looks like a Chequer one side and a bit of Grizzle the other.
I remember years ago a member of the Worthing club had a pigeon that was split right down the middle, blue Chequer one half and red Chequer the other half. Ones split red and blue will always be cocks. The Mealey will be a cock, the other could be either.
I had one that I called Rainbow. He was primarily a Red Chequer but had a blues tail and a big blue patch on the top of his head. He was a good pigeon and won many firsts.
Super breeding in this pair Andy, first time I have had anything like this. I thought I was going out of my mind every time I walked in loft, I would see 2 different youngsters in the bowl, a Cheq and a mealy, later it was Grizzle or a Bronze with the mealy. :lol: :lol:
Muzza

February 11th, 2020, 7:41 pm

Awesome!

Another example of the genes showing up in wonderful ways.
Regards,

Murray
trench

February 11th, 2020, 8:19 pm

I do remember rainbow Andy, he was quite a character too if I remember rightly πŸ‘πŸ€ 
trench

February 11th, 2020, 8:28 pm

devo56 wrote: ↑
The 2 youngsters in the bowl, one is a mealy, but the other one as 2 different colours on the wings. what are you thoughts?
Nice looking youngsters Devo πŸ‘πŸ€ 
It certainly is unusual mate, definitely looks slatey in the one wing. I have had some funny colours over the years but don't remember any quite like that. As Andy says it will be interesting to see what he looks like once he has mounted. I was gifted a youngster many years ago that went into his first moult as a Mealey and came out a Red checker πŸ‘πŸ€  he was unsung so never raced but he did breed me some decent birds.
devo56

February 11th, 2020, 8:31 pm

trench wrote: ↑
February 11th, 2020, 8:28 pm
devo56 wrote: ↑
Nice looking youngsters Devo πŸ‘πŸ€ 
It certainly is unusual mate, definitely looks slatey in the one wing. I have had some funny colours over the years but don't remember any quite like that. As Andy says it will be interesting to see what he looks like once he has mounted. I was gifted a youngster many years ago that went into his first moult as a Mealey and came out a Red checker πŸ‘πŸ€  he was unsung so never raced but he did breed me some decent birds.
Yes trench we will see how goes, I was up the wall thinking there were different birds in nest when it turned around.
Andy123

February 11th, 2020, 9:29 pm

trench wrote: ↑
February 11th, 2020, 8:19 pm
I do remember rainbow Andy, he was quite a character too if I remember rightly πŸ‘πŸ€ 
He also bred me red chequer 02 Trev, who was one of my all time best racing cocks.

Return to β€œChit Chat”