Souty coast fed pigeon auction

Talk about anything that is not relevant to the boards below.
trench

February 9th, 2020, 7:58 pm

The South Coast fed had an auction today to raise money for the federation.
Considering the rotten weather it was a fair turn out with plenty of birds on offer from some decent fliers and a good selection of raffle prizes. Most of the birds were yearlings or older but there were half a dozen youngsters available. I went over with a couple of club mates just for a day out really and to catch up with a few other fed members, I wasn't looking to buy as I already have too many birds and certainly don't have room for prisoners. Sadly bidding was a little slow with a couple of lots not being sold and others going ridiculously cheaply, I held off bidding until the first of the youngsters came up but as so few were bidding I decided to go for it and got the bird for Β£15 πŸ‘πŸ€  I had no idea what I had just brought only the fancier it came from, it had a pedigree with it that I couldn't read as I had forgotten my glasses πŸ€”πŸ€£ I did try for another couple in the end but the prices went a bit higher and with the words don't you buy anything still ringing in my ears I pulled out, I have however bought the number 22 in next weeks lottery bonus ball with the chance of winning a pair of Herman Cuesters so fingers crossed for that one although I have never one anything I the lottery so don't expect to start now πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ when I got home and looked at the pedigree it was all in Belgian so still none the wiser other than it's a Stefan Lambrecht πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
Here is the pedigree that I'm sure will mean more to some of you than me and the bird.
20200209_151443.jpg
20200209_151435.jpg
20200209_145419.jpg
The pedigrees did get a little messy but are still readable πŸ‘
A good day out just a shame some of the birds didn't really fetch what they are worth, they are having a youngbird sale in a couple of weeks but not sure I will be allowed to go πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
buster121

February 9th, 2020, 8:11 pm

Trev if the pedigrees are anything to go by you have got one class bird, for my kind of price as well :D :D :D , hope you do well with it and good luck for the bonus ball as well mate, well done on your purchase
devo56

February 9th, 2020, 8:22 pm

Great pedigrees Trench, A bargain I would say. Some really good crossings in those lines. Well done mate..
buster121

February 9th, 2020, 9:07 pm

devo56 wrote: ↑
February 9th, 2020, 8:22 pm
Great pedigrees Trench, A bargain I would say. Some really good crossings in those lines. Well done mate..
Have to fully agree Devo
Andy123

February 9th, 2020, 9:24 pm

Looks like you could have got yourself a bargain there Bruv. Nice looking little bird. I bet Lisa was pleased when you home, not, lol.
stevekulpa

February 9th, 2020, 10:11 pm

Pedigee looks great look after it could be a goldmine Children off Kittle go for about Β£10,000 so you got a bargin
trench

February 9th, 2020, 10:14 pm

Cheers guys, good to get a bit of feedback from people in the know πŸ‘πŸ€ 
I have to say there were definitely some bargains to be had today, fanciers who did buy birds would certainly have got value for money.
I did speak to the Vendor tonight who has given me a little more background on this birds parents so will just have to see how it makes up now but as you say for that price I can't really go too far wrong, I just regret not going the extra £5 for their other youngster now 😣
trench

February 9th, 2020, 10:17 pm

stevekulpa wrote: ↑
February 9th, 2020, 10:11 pm
Pedigee looks great look after it could be a goldmine Children off Kittle go for about Β£10,000 so you got a bargin
😯😯 I best not lose her/him off the loft now then Steve !!
Thanks for the feedback mate.
killer

February 10th, 2020, 8:09 am

Well done. mate ,
trench

February 19th, 2020, 10:01 pm

I have had this youngster just over a week now, I have been shutting him up while the loft has been open but he really doesn't like it. He is already quite strong on the wing so yesterday I decided it was time to let him find his way. It was a nice calm morning when I left for work but I knew it was supposed to cloud over and rain in the afternoon so didn't think he would go too far, silly me πŸ€”πŸ€” When I got home from work it was raining quite hard, Lisa had cleaned out and fed the birds but guess what !!! No sign of my little Lambrecht 😣😣 After calling myself lots of names I did eventually manage to sleep last night, I got up around half 6 this morning and went down the garden hoping he might be around but it was only just getting light and the only birds on the loft were a couple of feral pigeons that turn up daily. I fed my birds as usual and opened up the loft around 7 and most of the birds came out for a fly, when I left for work around 7.40 the birds were on the house and I optimistically thought I saw little blue sitting with them but knew I would have to wait until Lisa got home to find out for certain. Anyway much to my amazement and relief she messaged me just after half 4 to say he was back and in the loft so happy days πŸ€ πŸ‘ letting youngsters out for the first time never gets any easier πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
All the best.

Return to β€œChat Racing Pigeon”