Looking for proven pure white racers

Post any items you may want here.
Muzza

March 13th, 2020, 9:52 pm

Trench summed it up.

Pigeons will be happy anywhere so long as they feel secure and aren't sitting in the damp. You see some strange looking sheds with birds that are as happy as anything!
Regards,

Murray
Mizmo

March 26th, 2020, 7:27 pm

Finally managed to paint all the frames and panels .do I need to paint both sides of the panels or only the side that is facing the elements ?
Also how much should bird feed cost me and what do I need for squeakers?
(Hope everyone is keeping safe )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andy123

March 26th, 2020, 8:18 pm

Well done Paul. I would just paint the outside myself. Glad you’re managing to get on with it.
You could get a squeaker/youngbird mix or just an all round mix. Prices will vary depending on brand used.
trench

March 26th, 2020, 8:25 pm

Mizmo wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 7:27 pm
Finally managed to paint all the frames and panels .do I need to paint both sides of the panels or only the side that is facing the elements ?
Also how much should bird feed cost me and what do I need for squeakers?
(Hope everyone is keeping safe )
I would only paint the outside myself mate.
As for food for what you are doing at the moment I would just get a general purpose all round mix, depending on what you can get near you it will probably cost between £10 to £15 for a 20/25kg bag. Other than that you could get a breed and wean or youngbird mix for around the same price.
Feed is a mine field these days with so many different mixes available, just don't over complicate things at this stage. Once you are up and running and know what your goals are then you can start to get more selective.
All the best.
buster121

March 26th, 2020, 8:42 pm

Just get a cheap all rounder and just paint the outside
Muzza

March 27th, 2020, 7:49 am

Pleased to see you are making great headway!

Here's a tip, instead of painting the inside, put an extra coat on the outside. It will repay the effort, I promise you. :D

Feeding, the others have covered it. A nice all round mix is just the trick. We all want to be certain that they are getting enough :?

Of course they are.

I have seen ferals living near the huge grain silos here in Victoria, raising beautiful youngsters on, wheat. Strong, healthy babies, which have not had their immune systems cooked with antibiotics.

I do suggest that you refrain from feeding a lot of peas and beans and maize. Some, by all means. Lots, and next thing there will be a post enquiring as to why your young birds are sitting on the roof laughing at you. :lol:
Regards,

Murray
Mizmo

March 28th, 2020, 1:12 am

Thanks for the feedback guys . I will give it another coat of paint on the outside .are peas beans and maize no good for the birds .can somone recommend me a good company that I can purchase from so far I have found bucktons for 15 pound with a 14 day delivery wait .
buster121

March 28th, 2020, 6:24 am

Mizmo wrote:
Thanks for the feedback guys . I will give it another coat of paint on the outside .are peas beans and maize no good for the birds .can somone recommend me a good company that I can purchase from so far I have found bucktons for 15 pound with a 14 day delivery wait .
Any farms around your way as will be cheaper there, sorry cannot remember where you said you lived, peas, beans etc are a staple food for them but high in protein most mixes have a certain amount in them
paul1

March 28th, 2020, 9:21 am

buster121 wrote:
Mizmo wrote:
Any farms around your way as will be cheaper there, sorry cannot remember where you said you lived, peas, beans etc are a staple food for them but high in protein most mixes have a certain amount in them
mine don't seem to eat the beans at all, they eat the smaller gains first then leave the beans. may be they are too young yet?
buster121

March 28th, 2020, 11:07 am

paul1 wrote:
March 28th, 2020, 9:21 am
buster121 wrote:
Mizmo wrote:
mine don't seem to eat the beans at all, they eat the smaller gains first then leave the beans. may be they are too young yet?
Mine never eat beans mate that is why I buy a basic mix resulting in less waste

Return to “Wanted”