Submarine pigeon.

Talk about anything here.
Muzza

December 4th, 2019, 7:10 am

This is just a funny little thing that happened.

It was a nice afternoon, so a put the baths out when I got home. They are about 6 inches deep. I put the hose in and filled them to overflowing.

A youngster was the first one in the bath, and did something I have never seen. It had the bath to itself, and put it's head down and scooted long under the water. Came up, had a look around, put it's head down and did it again!

Funniest thing I have seen in a long time. :D :lol:
Regards,

Murray
Andy123

December 4th, 2019, 7:54 am

It’ll be swimming across any water rather than flying over it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Muzza

December 4th, 2019, 8:03 am

Andy123 wrote: ↑
December 4th, 2019, 7:54 am
It’ll be swimming across any water rather than flying over it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Except, we live in the centre of Victoria. The only water it has to fly over is the bath on the lawn.

It is getting very dry here. :cry:
Regards,

Murray
buster121

December 4th, 2019, 11:24 am

Muzza wrote: ↑

It was a nice afternoon, so a put the baths out when I got home. They are about 6 inches deep. I put the hose in and filled them to overflowing.

A youngster was the first one in the bath, and did something I have never seen. It had the bath to itself, and put it's head down and scooted long under the water. Came up, had a look around, put it's head down and did it again!

Getting some practice in mate :lol: :lol:
devo56

December 4th, 2019, 1:43 pm

I love watching them in the bath, could sit for hours watching them. :lol: :lol:
trench

December 4th, 2019, 8:36 pm

Are you sure a rogue Drake didn't get in your loft mate πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
They do some funny things these pigeons, watching ours trying to bath in a frozen bird bath is quite amusing πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
Muzza

December 5th, 2019, 7:42 am

I also have a baby, which is just starting to flap up onto the landing board. It is a bit of a loner, all the other babies are big now, flying hard with the old birds.

I noticed it being fed yesterday, then did a double take! :o Hang on, that's not his mother!

His parents are back on eggs, and an old hen with no mate has adopted him. She trails around, looking after him, and pumping food into him. His mother doesn't seem to care and the baby is so full he will burst :D
Regards,

Murray
Andy123

December 5th, 2019, 8:14 am

I also have a baby, which is just starting to flap up onto the landing board. It is a bit of a loner, all the other babies are big now, flying hard with the old birds.

I noticed it being fed yesterday, then did a double take! :o Hang on, that's not his mother!

His parents are back on eggs, and an old hen with no mate has adopted him. She trails around, looking after him, and pumping food into him. His mother doesn't seem to care and the baby is so full he will burst :D
I’ve had youngsters being fed by other older youngsters in the past.
Muzza

December 5th, 2019, 7:27 pm

So have I, but usually it is cock birds feeding other babies.

This is a hen and she has simply taken over the baby.

Unusual, but they are happy.
Regards,

Murray
trench

December 5th, 2019, 7:29 pm

It is amazing how some pigeons just naturally want to adopt any baby going while others just want to beat the crap out of them, I have even had cock birds take over looking after other youngsters.

Return to β€œChit Chat”