Barcelona loft update, including a real bonus

Andy will post updates his updates here.
Andy123

November 2nd, 2019, 10:04 pm

Thought I ought to give a update of how things are going.

The pigeons are still all together at present and still going out most days. They are still flying well when out. They are nearly all well upon their last flights now and looking really well. I was just going to let them finish moulting before separating them.

On the racing side for next year there are a couple of more developments.
With the BBC, although they have decided their race program for next year, their Barcelona race is still to be confirmed. A proposition has gone in to have a rule change that would mean that the BBC would go to Barcelona independently of any other organisation. This could be quite good for us as it would give us another opportunity to send to Barcelona in the future and without the drag of the international birds.
There is also talk of the NFC bringing their marking station back to Frome. This would mean that we could send with them as well as the BICC, BBC and CSCFC.

On a completely different note, as you know I have been hoping to move and increase the size of the loft. I haven’t been in a position to be able to do this yet.
But yesterday Trev contacted me and asked if I would like Brian’s loft. Brian is a member of the Worthing club and I have known him since I was a young boy. Brian is now in his 80s and after a few personal issues with keeping the pigeons after over 50 years of keeping pigeons has decided to call it a day. Trev thinks his loft is 16 or 18 feet long and comes complete with nest boxes and box perches and is only 5 years old. All I have to do is pick it up and bring it home. Trev and one of our other brothers are going to dismantle it and take it up to our mums. I will then hire a truck and go and collect it. I now have to work out how to fit it into the garden with my other loft. I have said that I would be more than grateful to have the loft. Hopefully I can sort out getting it back soon, Trev and mum do live over 100 miles away from us but well worth getting. At least once back I can get it up and move the birds into it. It is at this point that I will split them up. Then I will have time to sort out moving my own one.
Andy123

Andy123 wrote:
Thought I ought to give a update of how things are going.

The pigeons are still all together at present and still going out most days. They are still flying well when out. They are nearly all well up on their last flights now and looking really well. I was just going to let them finish moulting before separating them.

On the racing side for next year there are a couple of more developments.
With the BBC, although they have decided their race program for next year, their Barcelona race is still to be confirmed. A proposition has gone in to have a rule change that would mean that the BBC would go to Barcelona independently of any other organisation. This could be quite good for us as it would give us another opportunity to send to Barcelona in the future and without the drag of the international birds.
There is also talk of the NFC bringing their marking station back to Frome. This would mean that we could send with them as well as the BICC, BBC and CSCFC.

On a completely different note, as you know I have been hoping to move and increase the size of the loft. I haven’t been in a position to be able to do this yet.
But yesterday Trev contacted me and asked if I would like Brian’s loft. Brian is a member of the Worthing club and I have known him since I was a young boy. Brian is now in his 80s and after a few personal issues with keeping the pigeons after over 50 years of keeping pigeons has decided to call it a day. Trev thinks his loft is 16 or 18 feet long and comes complete with nest boxes and box perches and is only 5 years old. All I have to do is pick it up and bring it home. Trev and one of our other brothers are going to dismantle it and take it up to our mums. I will then hire a truck and go and collect it. I now have to work out how to fit it into the garden with my other loft. I have said that I would be more than grateful to have the loft. Hopefully I can sort out getting it back soon, Trev and mum do live over 100 miles away from us but well worth getting. At least once back I can get it up and move the birds into it. It is at this point that I will split them up. Then I will have time to sort out moving my own one.
devo56

November 2nd, 2019, 10:52 pm

Well in mate, this is going to be a bonus to the aim of what was set out. keep moving forward is the only answer. Well done to the team.
Petedav

November 3rd, 2019, 2:58 am

Nice one Andy,
buster121

November 3rd, 2019, 6:40 am

Great offer there Andy sure you will manage to fit it in somehow, good luck with it all
lestheeagle

November 3rd, 2019, 8:24 am

Nice one Andy
Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.
Bryngwynt

November 3rd, 2019, 9:33 am

This is great news Andy, it will help you know end.And a lot less complicated than trying to move the other loft and build it etc, in the short amount of time you have available with the shop.So it a win win situation.
2017/18/19 Results
1st x 42
2nd x 40
3rd x 29
4th x 30
5th x 28
trench

November 4th, 2019, 9:37 pm

Going to speak to Kev tomorrow Andy so hopefully we will sort out a date for getting the loft taken down.
Good to hear the NFC are moving back to Frome for marking, gives you more options.
It will be good to have the option of another Barcelona in the future too.

Return to “Updates”