BICC Guernsey 17/8/19

Andy will post updates his updates here.
bkays
Posts: 167
Joined: April 20th, 2018, 8:23 pm
Gender: Male - Male

August 15th, 2019, 10:57 pm

Andy123 wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 10:21 pm
Only 74 youngsters marked at Radstock today. About 20 more from Wales. So less than 100 from this side of the country. I will post the full numbers when known.
Hopefully the weather will be better for next weekend.
I would imagine most of them would be hens too. Good luck to who ever sent. Apparently the UK will be getting a month's worth of rain over the weekend.
User avatar
lestheeagle
Posts: 1326
Joined: August 10th, 2018, 8:27 am
Location: Brighton
Gender: Male - Male

August 16th, 2019, 7:58 am

I'm attempting Selsey Bill today before the rain arrives. Of course i may only get to Littlehampton again :roll:
Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.
User avatar
Andy123
Posts: 7489
Joined: October 15th, 2016, 8:15 pm
Location: Wincanton, Somerset
Gender: Male - Male

August 16th, 2019, 8:07 am

lestheeagle wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 7:58 am
I'm attempting Selsey Bill today before the rain arrives. Of course i may only get to Littlehampton again :roll:
Good luck Les. Hope it goes well.
User avatar
Andy123
Posts: 7489
Joined: October 15th, 2016, 8:15 pm
Location: Wincanton, Somerset
Gender: Male - Male

August 16th, 2019, 11:01 am

So there were 55 YB and 17 AA sent from Radstock marking station and 19 YB and 4 AA sent from Gwent.
A total of 74 YB and 21 AA = 95 pigeons from the SW.
The whole convoy is 2439 YB and 1201 AA = 3640 pigeons. A good turnout but not surprisingly nearly all from over the East of the country.
As you can see with only 95 pigeons from this side of the country and with a strong W to WSW wind the drag will certainly take them way over to the East of the country and would have given them a 100/150 mile fly back against the wind. A few gallant pigeons will do it but at what cost?
Glad I decided to give it a miss.
User avatar
lestheeagle
Posts: 1326
Joined: August 10th, 2018, 8:27 am
Location: Brighton
Gender: Male - Male

August 16th, 2019, 3:39 pm

Andy123 wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 8:07 am
lestheeagle wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 7:58 am
I'm attempting Selsey Bill today before the rain arrives. Of course i may only get to Littlehampton again :roll:
Good luck Les. Hope it goes well.
OMG How windy was it right by the sea! Anyway, they were all home when i got back. Job done.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.
User avatar
Andy123
Posts: 7489
Joined: October 15th, 2016, 8:15 pm
Location: Wincanton, Somerset
Gender: Male - Male

August 16th, 2019, 4:05 pm

lestheeagle wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 3:39 pm
Andy123 wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 8:07 am
lestheeagle wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 7:58 am
I'm attempting Selsey Bill today before the rain arrives. Of course i may only get to Littlehampton again :roll:
Good luck Les. Hope it goes well.
OMG How windy was it right by the sea! Anyway, they were all home when i got back. Job done.
Great to hear mate. Well done. I wonder what the channel will be like over the weekend.
Weather looking more promising for us next weekend.
User avatar
lestheeagle
Posts: 1326
Joined: August 10th, 2018, 8:27 am
Location: Brighton
Gender: Male - Male

August 16th, 2019, 4:17 pm

Hope you get a wind that is fair for all. No wind would be great :D
Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.
User avatar
trench
Posts: 7652
Joined: October 30th, 2016, 9:55 pm
Location: West sussex
Gender: Male - Male

August 16th, 2019, 8:52 pm

lestheeagle wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 3:39 pm
Andy123 wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 8:07 am
lestheeagle wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 7:58 am
I'm attempting Selsey Bill today before the rain arrives. Of course i may only get to Littlehampton again :roll:
Good luck Les. Hope it goes well.
OMG How windy was it right by the sea! Anyway, they were all home when i got back. Job done.
Nice one Les, well done mate.
User avatar
trench
Posts: 7652
Joined: October 30th, 2016, 9:55 pm
Location: West sussex
Gender: Male - Male

August 16th, 2019, 8:56 pm

Andy123 wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 11:01 am
So there were 55 YB and 17 AA sent from Radstock marking station and 19 YB and 4 AA sent from Gwent.
A total of 74 YB and 21 AA = 95 pigeons from the SW.
The whole convoy is 2439 YB and 1201 AA = 3640 pigeons. A good turnout but not surprisingly nearly all from over the East of the country.
As you can see with only 95 pigeons from this side of the country and with a strong W to WSW wind the drag will certainly take them way over to the East of the country and would have given them a 100/150 mile fly back against the wind. A few gallant pigeons will do it but at what cost?
Glad I decided to give it a miss.
Good decision Andy, hopefully the weather will be more suitable for you next week.
It will be interesting to see how many make it over your way this weekend.
User avatar
lestheeagle
Posts: 1326
Joined: August 10th, 2018, 8:27 am
Location: Brighton
Gender: Male - Male

August 17th, 2019, 12:04 pm

Brighton dominate again in strong wsw

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mGMZQE ... BSgWP/view
Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.
Post Reply

Return to “Updates”