Fox

Talk about anything here.
buster121

July 14th, 2019, 12:29 pm

While doing the birds this morning I noticed one of my cats looking up a corner at something, had a look and found a fox got it out but damn thing now under loft, phoned RSPCA thinking they would fetch it, there response unless serious injury do not want to know, cannot get it out for love nor money only way is to dismantle aviary and wall under front of loft, two mornings ago my camera alarm going off when I looked was fox in front of loft doors thinking now maybe same one and nesting under there
Potter29

July 14th, 2019, 1:26 pm

If it got under it will get bk out buster
Andy123

July 14th, 2019, 1:41 pm

Had the same with a badger a few weeks ago. Got under next doors shed and kept coming into our garden. The neighbours are an old couple that don’t go up their garden. We contacted the badger rescue. They came out and said the same, can’t do anything if it’s not injured. The put up a motion camera to watch it to see if any injury. We had to feed it peanut butter sandwiches in front of the camera and monitor it’s coming and going. After 3 days they came back and viewed the footage. No injury, old but in reasonable health. Told there was nothing they could do. We have been monitoring him but he has gone again now and hasn’t been back for a while. He did like his peanut butter sandwiches. 😂😂😂
Magic

July 14th, 2019, 1:51 pm

Buster my friend after the damage the fox did here I would deal with the problem as quickly as possible.
Eastyorkflyer suggested a product called scoot in the Fox News topic, I read up on it and it seems to be the way to go but I was unable to get it here. An Agri Feed crowd near hear are trying to get it for me through their UK suppliers
You can never lose a homing pigeon - if it doesn't come back, all you have lost is a pigeon.
trench

July 14th, 2019, 6:20 pm

Buster you should have told the RSPCA that it will be seriously injured if they don't come and get mate :lol:
Sorry to hear you are still having problems though mate it must be so frustrating for you. Maybe you could try sealing it in so it can't get out mate!! One of our Club members has had Fox trouble all year too, he has tried everything to get rid but it still keeps coming back.
I will have to suggest Scoot to him too Magic.
Hope you manage to sort the problem Buster.
buster121

July 14th, 2019, 7:28 pm

trench wrote:
Buster you should have told the RSPCA that it will be seriously injured if they don't come and get mate :lol:
Sorry to hear you are still having problems though mate it must be so frustrating for you. Maybe you could try sealing it in so it can't get out mate!! One of our Club members has had Fox trouble all year too, he has tried everything to get rid but it still keeps coming back.
The boss phoned them not me :) :), we have had two coming into garden most nights now all year, but have had foxes coming in as long as I can remember, have put trellis on top of fence and they just bound over it better than the cats
trench

July 14th, 2019, 10:15 pm

buster121 wrote:
July 14th, 2019, 7:28 pm
trench wrote:
The boss phoned them not me :) :), we have had two coming into garden most nights now all year, but have had foxes coming in as long as I can remember, have put trellis on top of fence and they just bound over it better than the cats
Sadly if they didn't get over it they would dig under it mate :? :?
They are a real pest that need to be properly controlled, the problem will only get worse as more and more will move into towns and cities.
stevekulpa

July 14th, 2019, 10:33 pm

Be very carefull if it gets in the loft it will kill for fun and you'll lose everything in there.
buster121

July 15th, 2019, 7:11 am

Hopefully it has gone, got woken at 3.10 this morning by alarms going off to see a fox running around lofts, so hopefully was mom coming for it
buster121

July 15th, 2019, 5:39 pm

Damn damn and damn thing is still here, tried blocking it's exit and forcing it to go through gate but will not have it, also found a hole between my fence and next doors that was not there yesterday evening

Return to “Chit Chat”