what pigeon feed

Need any help or advice post it here.
pb1

July 10th, 2019, 11:58 am

what pigeon feed mix do you use or do you make a mix of your own what do you add to it do you use it all year round thank you all
name paul biggs
age 52
club pill r.p.c
feb welsh north
buster121

July 10th, 2019, 6:40 pm

I use a good all rounder all year
trench

July 10th, 2019, 9:46 pm

I use Gem Supreme AM and Gem Concorde PM through the racing season and hopper feed tic beans and layers pellets. They also get Gem trapping mix 3 times a week as well as a few sunflower hearts and peanuts as a treat most days.
This year I have also been using a home mix half and half with the supreme in the mornings, this is made up of Beans, wheat, wild bird seed, layers pellets, cracked maize, linseed and rape seed.
I will keep the home mix going all year but will swap the Supreme and Concorde mixes from a Gem all round mix after racing and swap that for Gem breed and wean before pairing up next year.
With all the different feeds available these days it can be a mine field and expensive, my advice to you would be just find a middle range good quality feed from a local stockist and see how you get on.
All the best Paul.
Muzza

July 10th, 2019, 10:09 pm

Good advise from Trench,

In the UK you are spoilt for choice, so pick a mix.

Don't be chopping and changing feeds every 5 minutes, get a feed that works for you and stick to it and you will be fine.

Once you get a bit more experience you might want to save a bit of money by mixing some of your own.

Pigeons will do well on many sorts of feed, so long as it is clean and sound.
Regards,

Murray

Return to “Help & Advice”