Its already started

Talk about anything here.
User avatar
devo56
Posts: 6747
Joined: January 3rd, 2016, 11:12 am
Gender: Male - Male

March 16th, 2019, 5:01 pm

Reading reports of BOP Attacks all over the place, it is going to be a hard season for the birds just trying to get home.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
buster121
Posts: 18880
Joined: December 7th, 2011, 7:01 pm
Location: West Midlands
Gender: None specified - None specified

March 16th, 2019, 5:25 pm

Mate it never stops here 365 days a year, have to agree will be hard for them as there seems even more about this year
User avatar
trench
Posts: 6499
Joined: October 30th, 2016, 9:55 pm
Location: West sussex
Gender: Male - Male

March 16th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Touch wood not had any trouble here yet this year, sure they are about somewhere though.
Yes racing will be tough for them, we have quite a gauntlet to run along the south coast.
LeeWesterman
Posts: 197
Joined: May 20th, 2018, 6:44 pm
Gender: Male - Male

March 16th, 2019, 7:11 pm

Heard of a few on Facebook,haven't had chance to have mine out with this poor weather😪
User avatar
devo56
Posts: 6747
Joined: January 3rd, 2016, 11:12 am
Gender: Male - Male

March 16th, 2019, 7:20 pm

LeeWesterman wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 7:11 pm
Heard of a few on Facebook,haven't had chance to have mine out with this poor weather😪
Yes lee the weather as been bad mate, but I think they need to put the first races back to the 1st week of may.
buster121
Posts: 18880
Joined: December 7th, 2011, 7:01 pm
Location: West Midlands
Gender: None specified - None specified

March 16th, 2019, 8:29 pm

devo56 wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 7:20 pm
LeeWesterman wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 7:11 pm
Heard of a few on Facebook,haven't had chance to have mine out with this poor weather😪
Yes lee the weather as been bad mate, but I think they need to put the first races back to the 1st week of may.
Agree should be May start and finish in last but one weekend in July for old birds and start second weekend in August for youngsters for max 6 races
User avatar
devo56
Posts: 6747
Joined: January 3rd, 2016, 11:12 am
Gender: Male - Male

March 16th, 2019, 8:42 pm

buster121 wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 8:29 pm
devo56 wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 7:20 pm
LeeWesterman wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 7:11 pm
Heard of a few on Facebook,haven't had chance to have mine out with this poor weather😪
Yes lee the weather as been bad mate, but I think they need to put the first races back to the 1st week of may.
Agree should be May start and finish in last but one weekend in July for old birds and start second weekend in August for youngsters for max 6 races
Yes Buster i do think this needs to be looked at, we seem to get good weather when racing as finished.
User avatar
trench
Posts: 6499
Joined: October 30th, 2016, 9:55 pm
Location: West sussex
Gender: Male - Male

March 16th, 2019, 9:29 pm

Our first race is the 13th of April, too early in my opinion too. Still far too cold.
User avatar
Andy123
Posts: 6256
Joined: October 15th, 2016, 8:15 pm
Location: Wincanton, Somerset
Gender: Male - Male

March 16th, 2019, 9:31 pm

That was one of the questions asked in the RPRA survey. I think I’m right in saying that the majority went for leaving it to the individual feds/combines too decide when they wanted to start.
I do agree that we start too early.
For things to change though I think the Nationals and Classics would have to change their programs. I know these are all I do and for me starting at the end of April isn’t to bad, my first race is 178mls and are happy jumping mine in at this, I wouldn’t want to be to much further North without having at least 1 race beforehand though.
I also agree that we could quite easily go on for a couple of weeks later. My question regarding this is, when do the darkness youngsters start falling apart in the wing. I don’t do darkness so don’t know the answer, would this make things harder for the darkness youngsters to continue for another couple of weeks?
Starter46
Posts: 1490
Joined: September 24th, 2017, 12:10 am
Location: Wirral
Gender: Male - Male

March 16th, 2019, 9:57 pm

Are first race is the 6th April. The club secatary who is on the fed committee has been trying to get it to start later
Post Reply

Return to “Chit Chat”