Natural

Want to know anything about feeding or the health of your birds post it here.
bkays

December 11th, 2018, 8:00 pm

grizzlecock wrote:
December 11th, 2018, 7:30 pm
lestheeagle wrote:
December 9th, 2018, 5:43 pm
Back To Basics By John Ghent

https://www.elimarpigeons.com/B2B.htm
Waste of time reading anything whatsoever that gentleman dreams up..
first he was supposed to start a revolution to reform the pigeon game...gave that up
then started his revolution part 2...then gave that up
then started his revolutionpart 3 and gave that up when he was ignored yet again
then he started his Back to basics backyard challenge and gave that up
hes had more ups and downs than the local whores underwear
Jesus...Feel free to share your opinion :lol: :lol: :lol: .
trench

December 11th, 2018, 9:27 pm

bkays wrote:
December 11th, 2018, 8:00 pm
grizzlecock wrote:
December 11th, 2018, 7:30 pm
lestheeagle wrote:
December 9th, 2018, 5:43 pm
Back To Basics By John Ghent

https://www.elimarpigeons.com/B2B.htm
Waste of time reading anything whatsoever that gentleman dreams up..
first he was supposed to start a revolution to reform the pigeon game...gave that up
then started his revolution part 2...then gave that up
then started his revolutionpart 3 and gave that up when he was ignored yet again
then he started his Back to basics backyard challenge and gave that up
hes had more ups and downs than the local whores underwear
Jesus...Feel free to share your opinion :lol: :lol: :lol: .
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Every one is entitled to one :D that's the great thing about this sport, so many different ways and opinions.
lestheeagle

December 12th, 2018, 8:29 am

LMAO@Grizzlecock
Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.
Muzza

May 16th, 2019, 8:50 am

Andy123 wrote:
November 13th, 2018, 6:24 pm
Interesting Dev. I use garlic and Apple Cider Vinegar..

So do I, Andy.

I use natural apple cider vinegar in the water every second day, and fresh crushed garlic and cider vinegar every weekend. I also put whatever vegies are in the fridge in the blender and put a couple of bowls full on the floor of the loft every weekend. They leap down to get it!

I haven't treated for canker or cocci in, it must be 5 years or more. Last year's babies weren't even wormed! I did worm every bird at the beginning of this year just to prevent a slow build up in the stock birds.

I did have all sorts of medications for them, but they went out of date. :)

I would treat the pigeons if they became ill with an infection. I never use medications as a routine. My pigeons are now several generations with no medications. I think they are better for it.
Regards,

Murray
Andy123

May 16th, 2019, 11:17 am

I agree with you Murray. I don’t treat for anything, not even worms. I do scrap the loft out twice a day and think that most of these ailments, like worms have a life cycle and by scraping out regularly you can easily break that cycle. Worms are ingested as eggs where they then hatch out in the host and after a couple of days are expelled in the faeces. If scraping out regularly these are got rid of before they can be ingested again. Personally I wouldn’t even treat a stock bird as I would want my stock birds to be as strong as possible and if they can’t recover in a few days wouldn’t be worth keeping and breeding from. As I have said in my Barcelona posts I have been having a bit of trouble in the loft. Nothing has been treated and apart from the odd ones they have all recovered quickly. I have got rid of a couple that didn’t recover quickly and there are a couple that have question marks against them as they are taking longer than most. I bet these go down first when training or racing starts. I don’t take anything myself on the rare occasion that I’m not well and recover quicker than most that do take medication. I think that although medications help the symptoms of illness they also prolong the bodies natural healing process.
I had PMV twice back in the 1980’s and although had to get rid of a few none of the best birds suffered too much and those that had it the first time didn’t get it the second. Again no treatment was given before, during or after and with in a couple of weeks they were winning again. I do vaccinate now but only because we have to.
These are just my opinions and the way I do things, rightly or wrongly I will continue with this way.

Return to “Health & Feeding”