Could be an interesting season

This is for members to ask questions and just have a chat about the Barcelona Test Loft
Andy123

March 1st, 2019, 8:47 pm

At our AGM the other week we had one member come back to our club. We have another meeting in 3 weeks time when we do our clock testing. As we are all on ETS it’s just the T3’s that need checking. It looks like at this meeting we will have another 3 members putting in applications to join us. 2 that resigned last year coming back and 1 new one. This will give us 11 members that could be racing this coming season. We are still only racing in the Nationals and Classics, but could have some interesting club racing within these races. So on top of the racing of the Barcelona team against good competition we have the added bonus of some great club racing as well. Really looking forward to this season could be very interesting.
buster121

March 1st, 2019, 8:51 pm

Nice to see more joining, we had our agm in January and another meeting last week when we also had 2 new members, I thought new ones could only join at an AGM
Andy123

March 1st, 2019, 9:12 pm

buster121 wrote:
Nice to see more joining, we had our agm in January and another meeting last week when we also had 2 new members, I thought new ones could only join at an AGM
New members can join at anytime of the year Buster. Anyone wanting to resign must do so before the AGM otherwise they are liable to another years subs. Most people join at the meeting that follows directly after the AGM as this is the start of the season. You wouldn’t want to join towards the end of the season as you would be liable for the season just gone.
Good to hear that you also had a couple of new members too.
buster121

March 1st, 2019, 9:28 pm

Andy123 wrote:
buster121 wrote:
New members can join at anytime of the year Buster. Anyone wanting to resign must do so before the AGM otherwise they are liable to another years subs. Most people join at the meeting that follows directly after the AGM as this is the start of the season. You wouldn’t want to join towards the end of the season as you would be liable for the season just gone.
OK thanks for that, that's why I thought was at AGM as that's when done at meeting after as you say
Andy123

March 1st, 2019, 9:53 pm

buster121 wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 9:28 pm
Andy123 wrote:
buster121 wrote:
OK thanks for that, that's why I thought was at AGM as that's when done at meeting after as you say
Yes that’s right Buster. The AGM effectively consist of 3 meetings. A meeting before the AGM when any resignations are heard and to close that years Business. Then the AGM itself when all officials are elected and any rule changes proposed are voted on. Then after the AGM another meeting to open the new season which is usually when applications are heard. But as I said new members can effectively join at anytime.

Return to “Chit Chat”