Ill pigeon

Need any help or advice post it here.
Safzola
Posts: 15
Joined: September 11th, 2018, 9:16 pm
Gender: Male - Male

September 12th, 2018, 7:32 pm

What a waste of time,,,,,came away from vets today with JUST some advice.....rest,heat and food/water...she hasn't eaten today
User avatar
PVDMR
Posts: 2640
Joined: September 22nd, 2013, 2:47 pm
Gender: Male - Male

September 12th, 2018, 7:58 pm

https://pigeons.mercasystems.com/index. ... losis.html



Or you can send for a test kit off them!!just to be sure
Im just Guessing ....with your problem
Good Luck ;)
You can buy The Mans Winning pigeons
BUT not the Man that flys them!!
buster121
Posts: 20675
Joined: December 7th, 2011, 7:01 pm
Location: West Midlands
Gender: None specified - None specified

September 12th, 2018, 8:23 pm

Safzola wrote:
September 12th, 2018, 7:32 pm
What a waste of time,,,,,came away from vets today with JUST some advice.....rest,heat and food/water...she hasn't eaten today
For good accurate advice you need an avian vet, no disrespect to anyone but a local vet does not have much idea where birds are concerned, mix some glucose and or multi vitamins in some water and give to bird via a syringe
Safzola
Posts: 15
Joined: September 11th, 2018, 9:16 pm
Gender: Male - Male

September 12th, 2018, 8:49 pm

PVDMR wrote:
September 12th, 2018, 7:58 pm
https://pigeons.mercasystems.com/index. ... losis.html



Or you can send for a test kit off them!!just to be sure
Im just Guessing ....with your problem
Good Luck ;)
Thank you...
Safzola
Posts: 15
Joined: September 11th, 2018, 9:16 pm
Gender: Male - Male

September 12th, 2018, 8:50 pm

buster121 wrote:
September 12th, 2018, 8:23 pm
Safzola wrote:
September 12th, 2018, 7:32 pm
What a waste of time,,,,,came away from vets today with JUST some advice.....rest,heat and food/water...she hasn't eaten today
For good accurate advice you need an avian vet, no disrespect to anyone but a local vet does not have much idea where birds are concerned, mix some glucose and or multi vitamins in some water and give to bird via a syringe
Ok will try this as well...thank you
bkays
Posts: 200
Joined: April 20th, 2018, 8:23 pm
Gender: Male - Male

September 12th, 2018, 9:25 pm

I can test droppings for worms and coccidiosis. I can't currently test for salmonella but will be able to within the next month or so. If you want any of your pigeons tested for worms or coccidiosis for free Safzola (you'll have to post droppings to me). PM me.
buster121
Posts: 20675
Joined: December 7th, 2011, 7:01 pm
Location: West Midlands
Gender: None specified - None specified

September 12th, 2018, 9:28 pm

bkays wrote:
September 12th, 2018, 9:25 pm
I can test droppings for worms and coccidiosis. I can't currently test for salmonella but will be able to within the next month or so. If you want any of your pigeons tested for worms or coccidiosis for free Safzola (you'll have to post droppings to me). PM me.
Good offer there mate
bkays
Posts: 200
Joined: April 20th, 2018, 8:23 pm
Gender: Male - Male

September 12th, 2018, 9:42 pm

I'll also be able to test for mites too. As they die they fall into the droppings. So they show up in the slides as well.
User avatar
trench
Posts: 8403
Joined: October 30th, 2016, 9:55 pm
Location: West sussex
Gender: Male - Male

September 12th, 2018, 10:11 pm

Safzola wrote:
September 12th, 2018, 12:46 pm
Thank you..our local vet is having a look later and i will give him a poo sample as suggested...great site this by the way....we have 11 pigeons so its good to know i have somewhere to ask questions
Glad you like it mate, plenty of good blokes on here only too pleased to help where they can. I hope you manage to get her sorted soon, I would try and get some electrolytes into her as well. You could probably give her something from the chemist or If you look at the list of sponsors at the bottom of the board index you will find a variety of stockists who you could get some supplements from.
All the best
User avatar
trench
Posts: 8403
Joined: October 30th, 2016, 9:55 pm
Location: West sussex
Gender: Male - Male

September 12th, 2018, 10:12 pm

bkays wrote:
September 12th, 2018, 9:25 pm
I can test droppings for worms and coccidiosis. I can't currently test for salmonella but will be able to within the next month or so. If you want any of your pigeons tested for worms or coccidiosis for free Safzola (you'll have to post droppings to me). PM me.
Very good of you mate, well done.
Post Reply

Return to “Help & Advice”