a other idea haha

Post your suggestions ho how to improve the forum.
DORSETDAZ

January 14th, 2017, 12:29 pm

Andy123 wrote:
DORSETDAZ wrote:Chris no matter what if anything you change i am sure you will do a fantastic job and it is very nice to find someone within the pigeon sport still with so much passion for racing pigeons, It is sadly a thing of the past to find so many people with passion for the sport, Whether it be in my life time or not i would love to know one day pigeon racing in the uk as returned back to the glory days and clubs & federations become strong and pigeon fanciers are full of passion for there birds, That would be fantastic Maybe if the people that take so much out the sport where to give a little back it would help a lot & before anyone starts a witch hunt on me, look at the best days in pigeon sport very few people had anything the biggest thing they had to offer was help and friendship, deadication, passion, I know some people still was rich and had money but everyone was on a much more even playing field. Money and greed kill most things in the modern world, NOT JUST PIGEON RACING. This is the sad world we live in today. I just hope in time with help from more fanciers things may get turned around to help the sport in general. I believe our governing body R.P.R.A could do a lot more to help fanciers and the sport in general, TO MANY PEOPLE SITTING AROUND FILLING THERE POCKETS with there heads stuck up there ass, Sorry for my little rant but it is the passion of pigeons that make me feel that way
That is a great response mate. I whole heartedly agree. I love this great sport and that is why I have come back to it after 10 years out. Unfortunately I still think that one of the biggest problems to get new people into the sport, is the lack of decent sized gardens in modern builds.

In years gone by may many pigeon fanciers successfully flew and raced pigeons from little knocked up lofts in back to back houses or public gardens, Pigeons will live anywhere as long as they are happy and have the desire and love to get back to there home no matter what size or shape it is, There is 1000's & 1000s of pounds being made within our sport each and every year just a very big shame that most of it is being spent in all the wrong places, I believe that anyone who is under the age of 18 and comes into the sport in there own right or schools youth clubs e.t.c should get free membership & racing this would help a lot young fanciers or schools & youth clubs come into the sport, Even if they was to have a limit say 20 birds per race paid for, As most you you know once bitten by this fantastic sport at a young age then i would say minimum 50 % will return to it in there adult life, This sport is not just about the supper star that wins x amount of prizes in the federation or national e.t.c it is about everyone that loves the sport, The first thought on every pigeon fanciers mind should be i love my pigeons and i am part of this fantastic hobby Not how much will i make this month from my sales or Business, The R.P.R.A give 1000's away each and every year i think they should spend some of that money on improving the sport, I am not saying stop charity but look after our own first, Theses are only my views i am not saying everyone should or will agree with me it is the only way i see things changing for the better, This was once a normal working mans sport lets try and get it back to that
Andy123

January 14th, 2017, 1:01 pm

You are right in what you say, the future should still be in the youngsters, because as you say once you have been in this sport it is always with you.
trench

January 15th, 2017, 9:34 pm

DORSETDAZ wrote:
January 14th, 2017, 11:04 am
Chris no matter what if anything you change i am sure you will do a fantastic job and it is very nice to find someone within the pigeon sport still with so much passion for racing pigeons, It is sadly a thing of the past to find so many people with passion for the sport, Whether it be in my life time or not i would love to know one day pigeon racing in the uk as returned back to the glory days and clubs & federations become strong and pigeon fanciers are full of passion for there birds, That would be fantastic Maybe if the people that take so much out the sport where to give a little back it would help a lot & before anyone starts a witch hunt on me, look at the best days in pigeon sport very few people had anything the biggest thing they had to offer was help and friendship, deadication, passion, I know some people still was rich and had money but everyone was on a much more even playing field. Money and greed kill most things in the modern world, NOT JUST PIGEON RACING. This is the sad world we live in today. I just hope in time with help from more fanciers things may get turned around to help the sport in general. I believe our governing body R.P.R.A could do a lot more to help fanciers and the sport in general, TO MANY PEOPLE SITTING AROUND FILLING THERE POCKETS with there heads stuck up there ass, Sorry for my little rant but it is the passion of pigeons that make me feel that way
Agree wholeheartedly Daz, the humble pigeon was once the working man's racehorse. I like my brother Andy am back after a long absence, it's a great shame to see Clubs and federations disappearing. Somehow we need to turn this around and a site like this goes a long way to help that happen.
What Chris and the others have given us is brilliant and the members on this site are decent sportsman, only too willing to help and advise. A real credit and asset to the sport.
I agree Chris the site needs to be easy to use and appealing ( both of which it is ) and needs to move with the times but remember bigger isn't always better. Better to have fewer, friendly and helpful fanciers than loads of fanciers half of who are disruptive and argumentative. Keep up the good work mate, you will have our support whatever.
DORSETDAZ

January 17th, 2017, 6:46 pm

With the amount of good people left in this sport things could be turned around i think but it would be hard, There are to many fanciers today just sit back and accept what is thrown at them, There needs to be a lot of change in this sport for it to return to what it was, I don't have all the answers but i can see what is happening & if something is not done soon we will have no sport left
PVDMR

January 17th, 2017, 6:54 pm

DORSETDAZ wrote:
January 17th, 2017, 6:46 pm
With the amount of good people left in this sport things could be turned around i think but it would be hard, There are to many fanciers today just sit back and accept what is thrown at them, There needs to be a lot of change in this sport for it to return to what it was, I don't have all the answers but i can see what is happening & if something is not done soon we will have no sport left
To True ;)
You can buy The Mans Winning pigeons
BUT not the Man that flys them!!
Andy123

January 17th, 2017, 7:58 pm

It's the likes of the new starters into the sport that we have on here. We need to do all we can to help and advise them where we can so that their first experiences in the sport are a good one and they stay in the sport and enjoy it, rather than get disheartened and give up due to bad experiences.
devo56

January 17th, 2017, 8:03 pm

Andy123 wrote:
It's the likes of the new starters into the sport that we have on here. We need to do all we can to help and advise them where we can so that their first experiences in the sport are a good one and they stay in the sport and enjoy it, rather than get disheartened and give up due to bad experiences.
True Andy, i think the members day out will be a great help for our members. It will be great to put a face to everyone. really looking forward to it.
ChrisRoscoe
Site Admin

January 17th, 2017, 8:05 pm

devo56 wrote:
January 17th, 2017, 8:03 pm
Andy123 wrote:
True Andy, i think the members day out will be a great help for our members. It will be great to put a face to everyone. really looking forward to it.

yeah you should all help me out HAHA but tbh yeah i was dishearted when i started up lost loads of birds but im still here and plugging away ill get birds that win on my system :)
Name: Chris Roscoe
Club: Rushden and Raunds South Road Flying Club
Fed: Mid Northants South Road
Andy123

January 17th, 2017, 8:14 pm

We'll help you as well Chris :lol: :lol:
Potter29

January 17th, 2017, 8:17 pm

Andy123 wrote:
Totally agree ! Ime new to the sport well the racing bit anyway and this site has been a very very big help and it will be for the foresee able future :D

Return to “Suggestions”