new to the hobby maybe

Need any help or advice post here.
sintara

September 11th, 2015, 1:25 pm

hi there i live in wales and i have been interested in pigeons since i was a kid when i was 17 i got two racing pigeons and was over the moon until i tried to join a club
then things turned in to a nightmare no one would help and i was not wanted in any club now i am 40 and last year i lost both my mum and dad very suddenly an i have now become a fall time carer for my sister. so i thought it is a good time to re visit the hobby/sport so i contacted the RPRA got the welcome pack and information on a local club i rang and got passed along the line of numbers but sadly i found this an off putting experience again i did not feel that they had any interest in me joining the world of pigeons at all and when i explained i have transport issues i was told maybe i should rethink the hobby at all.. Well needles to say i hung up very angry and disillusioned so i am hoping i can get advice and help here now to my question

Do i need a club to race or can i do this as an independent

please forgive the spelling and grammar as i am dyslexic and i do my best
buster121

September 11th, 2015, 7:05 pm

Hello and welcome, sorry to see your having problems with clubs, the answer is simply no you dont need a club unless you wanted to fly for fed honours, what you will need to do is join one of the nationals, when you say you have transport problems how do you mean what part of Wales are you in

Wishing both you and your sister well for the future
sintara

September 11th, 2015, 8:19 pm

hi i live in west wales close to the cost i dont drive and i cant leave my sister for to long at a time
PVDMR

September 11th, 2015, 8:31 pm

What a Shame :(
Wish you lived near me,I would help you out ;)
Our sport is dying a death,AND NEEDS NEW MEMBERS!
Hope you get something sorted!!!

All the Best to you and your Sister

Stu.
You can buy The Mans Winning pigeons
BUT not the Man that flys them!!
sintara

September 11th, 2015, 9:51 pm

it dose seem to be dieing in the uk badly but unwelcoming clubs dont help my big problem is going to be getting the stuff like a clock and basket and so on but as you say the sport is dieing so it seems is it worth spending the cash on birds alone will cost allot i have room for a 13x9 loft in the garden
buster121

September 11th, 2015, 9:51 pm

Is there any national clubs close by you
buster121

September 11th, 2015, 9:55 pm

sintara wrote:it dose seem to be dieing in the uk badly but unwelcoming clubs dont help my big problem is going to be getting the stuff like a clock and basket and so on but as you say the sport is dieing so it seems is it worth spending the cash on birds alone will cost allot i have room for a 13x9 loft in the garden
A loft that size is ideal, you can have some birds from me or I can breed you some young next year free of charge, clocks and stuff you can pick up really cheap on Ebay

Tell us what town you are in we may be able to find a club close to you then
sintara

September 12th, 2015, 8:23 am

buster121 wrote:
sintara wrote:it dose seem to be dieing in the uk badly but unwelcoming clubs dont help my big problem is going to be getting the stuff like a clock and basket and so on but as you say the sport is dieing so it seems is it worth spending the cash on birds alone will cost allot i have room for a 13x9 loft in the garden
A loft that size is ideal, you can have some birds from me or I can breed you some young next year free of charge, clocks and stuff you can pick up really cheap on Ebay

Tell us what town you are in we may be able to find a club close to you then
hi there that is very kind of you i rather not post my town on an open forum but il will message you it ill have to contact the rpra to see about a national club
buster121

September 12th, 2015, 3:20 pm

Message received will see if I can find one for you as well in the mean time
sintara

September 12th, 2015, 5:02 pm

my next problem that i just thought of is tai ceredigion as my house is rented and im told that councils dont like you keeping them in your garden

Return to “Help & Advice”