Some may find this useful

Articles found around the internet will be posted in here
buster121

February 10th, 2019, 9:27 pm

If you go to bottom of page and click on arrows will take you to other useful items, I know they are trying to sell there products but still some useful stuff

https://roehnfried.com/vaccinations-rep ... ed-berger/
trench

February 11th, 2019, 7:58 pm

As you say Buster a lot of it is sales patter but still some good info, especially for those new starters looking into what treatments to use and when.
Thanks for posting.
CDBL

February 12th, 2019, 2:07 pm

Possibly a silly question. But if my parents let me have pigeons something I will need to know. Do you jab the pigeon anywhere or are their best places to vaccinate?
WEBMASTER @
www.goldenwingschallenge.com
SCIENCE GEEK @
www.hydroviticulture.com
RACING RPRA OLR 19 @
DEVER & LLOYD
buster121

February 12th, 2019, 3:22 pm

CDBL wrote: ↑
Possibly a silly question. But if my parents let me have pigeons something I will need to know. Do you jab the pigeon anywhere or are their best places to vaccinate?
In neck pointing towards back (tail), there is a guy in USA does it in leg I do keep meaning to ask folks if they have tried this way or what they think of it
Got this one it is similar to what I was on about

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 4FP6ymjbAG
LeeWesterman

February 12th, 2019, 3:30 pm

I've seen that mate where he jabs in the leg,was wondering the same busterπŸ‘
CDBL

February 12th, 2019, 3:32 pm

buster121 wrote: ↑
February 12th, 2019, 3:22 pm
CDBL wrote: ↑
In neck pointing towards back (tail), there is a guy in USA does it in leg I do keep meaning to ask folks if they have tried this way or what they think of it
Got this one it is similar to what I was on about

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 4FP6ymjbAG
Cheers buster! That's really useful
WEBMASTER @
www.goldenwingschallenge.com
SCIENCE GEEK @
www.hydroviticulture.com
RACING RPRA OLR 19 @
DEVER & LLOYD
trench

February 12th, 2019, 8:23 pm

Not sure about the leg idea but having used various medications in cattle it is quite important that you use the injection site given on the administration instructions. Some can be given intramuscular, some intravenous and some subcutaneous (under the skin), the pmv should be administered under the skin in the neck, as Buster says with the needle direction down towards the tail.
It's mostly to do with how the drug works and how quickly it gets into the system.
buster121

February 12th, 2019, 9:32 pm

trench wrote: ↑
Not sure about the leg idea but having used various medications in cattle it is quite important that you use the injection site given on the administration instructions. Some can be given intramuscular, some intravenous and some subcutaneous (under the skin), the pmv should be administered under the skin in the neck, as Buster says with the needle direction down towards the tail.
It's mostly to do with how the drug works and how quickly it gets into the system.
One would think it would get into the system anywhere if done under skin, so if that thinking is correct then should not affect birds if given in leg skin flap
trench

February 12th, 2019, 10:38 pm

buster121 wrote: ↑
February 12th, 2019, 9:32 pm
trench wrote: ↑
One would think it would get into the system anywhere if done under skin, so if that thinking is correct then should not affect birds if given in leg skin flap
I think the reason they recommend the neck is because there is more skin there so less chance of hitting muscle or bone and the vaccine can disperse easier.
buster121

February 13th, 2019, 6:32 am

Thanks for that mate

Return to β€œArticles”