Blackpool

There are hundreds of shows in the winter months post here if you know one.
Post Reply
buster121
Posts: 17323
Joined: December 7th, 2011, 7:01 pm
Location: West Midlands
Gender: None specified - None specified

January 23rd, 2018, 10:19 am

So neither of you treat for mite etc
User avatar
PVDMR
Posts: 2415
Joined: September 22nd, 2013, 2:47 pm
Gender: Male - Male

January 23rd, 2018, 11:12 am

buster121 wrote:
January 23rd, 2018, 10:19 am
So neither of you treat for mite etc

image.jpeg
Yes Buster when Needed,bought from local pet shop.
Had this tin around 3 years,( good job I found it out ) its getting down,always check birds when returning from a race
you don't know what they pick up from other birds in the basket....tried Ivermectin one drop,don't rate at all!
Also mentioned not long back ...spray out Nest boxes/bowls with VerkonS,
along with Tcp in bath water,what mite can stand that smell :lol:


Have a Nice Day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Starter46
Posts: 789
Joined: September 24th, 2017, 12:10 am
Location: Wirral
Gender: Male - Male

January 23rd, 2018, 11:35 am

Don't any of you use ivermec. Used to use it when I had the birds last one spot on back of neck never have trouble with mites and lice it's about £10 for small bottle last a long time .
User avatar
rainbow
Posts: 2298
Joined: April 21st, 2015, 8:02 am
Gender: None specified - None specified

January 23rd, 2018, 11:41 am

vinegar in bath water for mite got that tip from dev
User avatar
PVDMR
Posts: 2415
Joined: September 22nd, 2013, 2:47 pm
Gender: Male - Male

January 23rd, 2018, 11:46 am

Used to use it,when it first hit the market,but a few years/bottles later.....found lice within a month or so!
They must have changed the formulation I expect ( no doubt an EU Regulation )
Who knows.

Atb
buster121
Posts: 17323
Joined: December 7th, 2011, 7:01 pm
Location: West Midlands
Gender: None specified - None specified

January 23rd, 2018, 11:56 am

Starter46 wrote:
January 23rd, 2018, 11:35 am
Don't any of you use ivermec. Used to use it when I had the birds last one spot on back of neck never have trouble with mites and lice it's about £10 for small bottle last a long time .
Have used a couple different one spots, not found one that works, think it's endecto or similar name one spot but you have to use it for three weeks running, so how can that be classed as a one spot
one of the things I went to Blackpool for was to try and get some of that u200 one spot, never seen any for sale though
User avatar
PVDMR
Posts: 2415
Joined: September 22nd, 2013, 2:47 pm
Gender: Male - Male

January 23rd, 2018, 11:58 am

rainbow wrote:
January 23rd, 2018, 11:41 am
vinegar in bath water for mite got that tip from dev
Tried clear/brown vinegar,even salt in there bath water
My old mentor used Radox Herbal in a bucket of warm water,when the widowhood cocks retuned from a hard race
He used to dip each one upto there necks for a minute or so....
They used to line up for a dip..I also tried it on my widowhood cocks,I kid you not
In no time at all they were settled in there boxes content Zzzzzzzz :)

Atb
User avatar
Andy123
Posts: 4617
Joined: October 15th, 2016, 8:15 pm
Location: Wincanton, Somerset
Gender: Male - Male

January 23rd, 2018, 12:13 pm

PVDMR wrote:
January 23rd, 2018, 11:58 am
rainbow wrote:
January 23rd, 2018, 11:41 am
vinegar in bath water for mite got that tip from dev
Tried clear/brown vinegar,even salt in there bath water
My old mentor used Radox Herbal in a bucket of warm water,when the widowhood cocks retuned from a hard race
He used to dip each one upto there necks for a minute or so....
They used to line up for a dip..I also tried it on my widowhood cocks,I kid you not
In no time at all they were settled in there boxes content Zzzzzzzz :)

Atb
I used to do that with my widowhood cocks after every race, straight after the hens were removed. Held in a bucket of warm water for a minute. As you say Stu, they are so relaxed afterwards.
Starter46
Posts: 789
Joined: September 24th, 2017, 12:10 am
Location: Wirral
Gender: Male - Male

January 23rd, 2018, 12:59 pm

I used to get mine off the vet . Only ever used it twice a year never had any problem it worked a treat
User avatar
trench
Posts: 4758
Joined: October 30th, 2016, 9:55 pm
Location: West sussex
Gender: Male - Male

January 23rd, 2018, 7:57 pm

Sorry to hear you got ripped off too buster, it is disgusting.
I agree that good, strong healthy pigeons shouldn't need all these added extras.
I think it will only weaken the loft long term, jmo.
I did use the Harkers 4 in 1 spot on last year but not sure I would buy it again.
I always used to spray the loft out with duramitex before pairing up and de-lice it spray on birds if needed.
Post Reply

Return to “Shows”