Bit of a mystery

Need any help or advice post it here.
trench

April 28th, 2019, 10:41 pm

Having not paired up until February I had a good first round of youngsters, I have 21 in all which are all coming along nicely.
I wanted to keep another round from 5 of my pairs some of which I was breeding for a couple of club members, these 10 eggs were due to start hatching today but on inspection it looks to me like all 10 have died at about the same stage !!! Any ideas ???
rainbow

April 29th, 2019, 12:31 am

left the nest in the night could have been outside light coming on then off before the birds got back on the eggs
killer

April 29th, 2019, 12:39 am

Also Check for red Mite .
Andy123

April 29th, 2019, 7:54 am

Does sound like they got chilled somehow.
rainbow

April 29th, 2019, 8:20 am

the same happen to me one year when neighbour came out for a smoke and his light come on the problem was it stay on all night and did not turn off when he went back inside
trench

April 29th, 2019, 6:07 pm

Thanks fellas, yes that was my thinking that something had spooked them and made them come off the eggs overnight and they had got chilled as looking at the eggs it does look like they had all died around the same time. Our neighbour has lights on all night and so does the water board who have a compound just behind the loft but these have always been on, having said that now I think about it there was one night about a week ago when there water board engineers working over night in the compound which is unusual so maybe it was that !!!
I do regular check for red mite as we also have chickens, so I am pretty certain it's not them. Thanks anyway Killer for that, I will keep an eye out for those nasty little critters.
Thanks again.

Return to “Help & Advice”