Pigeon coughing/sneezing

Need any help or advice post it here.
Weezey1980

July 24th, 2018, 6:47 pm

After some advice guys. Had a bird drop in my loft last week have notified the rpra and the owner but not heard back from the owner. But have noticed it has a cough/sneezing and just a little worried about my own birds. Anyone know what this could be and do I need to keep it away from my own birds. Thanks in advance for any advice 👍👍
Potter29

July 24th, 2018, 7:28 pm

Could be a number of things like respiratory etc but yes deffo keep all strays away from your own birds
buster121

July 24th, 2018, 8:15 pm

As Potter says, regarding the owner get back in touch with RPRA, have you tried to contact him/her yourself
Weezey1980

July 24th, 2018, 9:24 pm

I have contacted the owner myself and he took my number but has not called me back. Will take it out my loft and put it in the shed. Cheers guys
trench

July 24th, 2018, 9:26 pm

Unfortunately if it has anything contagious it's probably too late but I would put it into isolation now for its own sake as well as the other birds. Personally I don't bother separating strays for health reasons (unless it is clearly I'll) as I think it helps build up a natural immunity in the loft, once they go in them baskets there is no telling what bugs they will come in contact with so the more bugs they have had contact with the better. I will make sure they are separated while the birds are exercising though as I don't want the strays getting too familiar with the surroundings.
I would definitely get back in touch with the RPRA as it is the owner's duty to contact you, I have one in myself at the moment and am waiting to hear from the owner. I'll give it a couple of days then contact them again.
Hope you get it sorted and it doesn't cause problems with you're birds. All the best.

Return to “Help & Advice”