Rings on their fingers stamps on their wings...

Carnt find the answer your looking for? Post it here, someone will be willing to help.
Donski

November 22nd, 2018, 3:12 pm

another question then:
ok so I read when they race they have to have an address ring or wing stamp. I've seen in videos that they appear to be stamped at the marking station ? is that with the owners address or club contact? anyhow bearing in mind I will probably use ETS will I need to stamp them or put on an address ring before they race ? can it be just a telephone number?
cheers
Don
Snowfields Loft
(in the making) :D
devo56

November 22nd, 2018, 3:35 pm

Donski wrote:
November 22nd, 2018, 3:12 pm
another question then:
ok so I read when they race they have to have an address ring or wing stamp. I've seen in videos that they appear to be stamped at the marking station ? is that with the owners address or club contact? anyhow bearing in mind I will probably use ETS will I need to stamp them or put on an address ring before they race ? can it be just a telephone number?
cheers
Don
I use the phone number rings, just plastic clip rings. The company that do them is a sponsor of the site Lambournes. Their banner is on the sponsors list at bottom of page.

http://www.lambournes.uk.com/
Petedav

November 22nd, 2018, 5:43 pm

I use both clip on telephone rings and stickers, I use the clip on rings on the young birds from weaning to training then when they have there ets rings put on I use the stickers.
buster121

November 22nd, 2018, 6:35 pm

I use phone rings on old and wing stamp and phone rings on youngsters
trench

November 22nd, 2018, 7:23 pm

I always used to use a wing stamp but now use quickie address rings also from Lambournes, I have to say though that I am thinking of going back to a wing stamp until I get ets as the rubbers put on for racing sometimes get caught on the ring.
Andy123

November 22nd, 2018, 8:29 pm

I’m the same as Pete. I put quickie clip phone rings on at weaning and when I put the ETS rings on I put the phone stickers on the ETS ring and take the clip ring off.
I do have a wing stamp but haven’t used it since doing it the way I do now.
The wing stamping that you have seen at marking stations is a stamp put on in some Nationals and Internationals which is used when verifying a pigeons arrival.
Donski

November 22nd, 2018, 10:18 pm

Great that’s another one answered :) thanks all.... I guess it’s good to have them on when you start training. What do you do though if one of them ends up miles away from home and you get a call? Are you duty bound to drive 100’s of miles to collect it ?
Snowfields Loft
(in the making) :D
Andy123

November 22nd, 2018, 10:39 pm

If you do lose one, which you are bound to do, and you do happen to get it reported, which considering they do, or should have, a wing stamp or phone number on is still quite rare, you are duty bound to contact the person reporting it. There are a few options then available. You could either go and get it if not to far away, or arrange for it to be collected by a courier. You could ask on this site if anyone is close by to help get it back. The other thing that we are all to often told when reporting a pigeon is “just throw it out in a couple of days” or “toss it up and let it find it’s own way home” sometimes the finder may agree to have it transferred to them, then the bird becomes their property and they can do what they want with them. Hope this makes since.
Andy

Return to “Young Fanciers & Novices”