Loft number

Carnt find the answer your looking for? Post it here, someone will be willing to help.
Donski

November 16th, 2018, 10:15 am

Hi all..
Pigeons are doing well. So a good start so far. Still not had anything back from the RPRA as yet. Just wondering about loft numbers.. do you automatically get one once you are accepted by the RPRA ? I see I need one for ordering rings etc.
cheers
Don
Snowfields Loft
(in the making) :D
rainbow

November 16th, 2018, 10:29 am

what region are you in
Andy123

November 16th, 2018, 10:31 am

Good morning Don.

Contact your regional secretary and she will sort it for you.

You can either order your rings then through the RPRA or if you then decide which club you wish to join most clubs will order rings on your behalf.

SOUTHERN REGION:
Mrs H Marsh
Oakley, Southampton Road
Cadnam, Southampton
Hants SO40 2NF
Tel: 02380 813618
Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Hampshire, Surrey, West Sussex, East Sussex, Isle of Wight

ATB Andy
Donski

November 16th, 2018, 10:52 am

So you do automatically get a number?
I sent off me £10 and application 3 weeks ago but not had anything back as yet.. I'll give it a few more days, dont want to be a pest, and then maybe give her a call.
Cheers
Don
Snowfields Loft
buster121

November 16th, 2018, 1:51 pm

Donski wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 10:52 am
So you do automatically get a number?
I sent off me £10 and application 3 weeks ago but not had anything back as yet.. I'll give it a few more days, dont want to be a pest, and then maybe give her a call.
Cheers
Don
Loft number usually sent with membership card, I would chase that one mate, does not normally take that long, Don if you have or are joining a club rings tend to be cheaper there than buying through RPRA
Donski

November 16th, 2018, 2:14 pm

Great thanks for that. I'll give them a chase. I got my copies of homing world which have been very helpful.

Keith Motts' videos have really been a help. I guess for my first season I will just be flying young birds pretty much on the natural system. One thing about breeding which i've not really found an answer to.. What age do they usually start pairing and breeding ? ie: will the 2019 young birds be attempting to rear eggs in their first year or will they not start until the following year? Also If I leave my stock pairs together how many rounds will they give me in 2019? should I maybe take eggs away or separate them to prevent over breeding ?

Cheers
Don
Snowfields Loft
lestheeagle

November 16th, 2018, 2:15 pm

I paid my 2019 subs last month. Hazel Marsh said she would send card when she received them.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.
Andy123

November 16th, 2018, 5:56 pm

Donski wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 2:14 pm
Great thanks for that. I'll give them a chase. I got my copies of homing world which have been very helpful.

Keith Motts' videos have really been a help. I guess for my first season I will just be flying young birds pretty much on the natural system. One thing about breeding which i've not really found an answer to.. What age do they usually start pairing and breeding ? ie: will the 2019 young birds be attempting to rear eggs in their first year or will they not start until the following year? Also If I leave my stock pairs together how many rounds will they give me in 2019? should I maybe take eggs away or separate them to prevent over breeding ?

Cheers
Don
If the youngsters are bred early they will be looking to pair up before the end of the racing season. Will usually start at about 6 months old. If you left your stock birds together they would breed all year round if you left their eggs with them. They would roughly have a round of youngsters every 8 weeks. 10 days from pairing to laying, 19 days to hatching, 24/28 days to weaning. By which time they will be looking to go down again. You could increase the number of rounds from your best pairs, if you wish, by floating the eggs under another pair that laid at the same time. I wouldn’t personally allow them to rear anymore than 3 rounds a year at the most. Replace their eggs with pot eggs when finished breeding from.
Donski

November 16th, 2018, 6:56 pm

Aha! I heard the term floating eggs so I know what it means now :). If you take their eggs away will they lay another round faster ?
Snowfields Loft
Andy123

November 16th, 2018, 7:15 pm

If you remove the eggs at around 8/10 days they will look to go down again, and should do so about 10 days later.

Return to “Young Fanciers & Novices”