breeder/buyer

Carnt find the answer your looking for? Post it here, someone will be willing to help.
j888

February 18th, 2017, 1:58 pm

Going off a earlier question that potter asked, my local fed breeder/buyer sale is next month, the race will be the 19th august will there be anypoint in me taking part in breeder/buyer if im not using the darkness system or will there be a chance my natural yb will still be holding enough feathers by then ? And what sort of prices do the birds go for usually at these sales ?
Andy123

February 18th, 2017, 3:01 pm

If the sale is in March and the youngsters are just weaned they should be ok come mid August. The other thing to remember is that some of the pigeons bought/sold won't even make it to race for one reason or another. The birds could go for anything from a few pounds upwards depending who there from and who wants them. Sometimes people actually buy their own birds back giving themselves a chance to win 100% of the prize money and not just 50%.
buster121

February 18th, 2017, 3:46 pm

Agree with Andy
j888

February 18th, 2017, 4:22 pm

Cheers for info looks like i will be having a crack at it then, just didnt want to buy them then when it came to the race not be able send them because of the moult, then have to tell whoever i brought them off that i still got them but couldnt send em lol
Andy123

February 18th, 2017, 4:43 pm

The main thing that would stop me racing them is if they were bald around the head and ears, but you should be fine.
j888

February 18th, 2017, 4:53 pm

Thanks Andy, will you be taking part in a breeder/buyer this season ?
trench

February 18th, 2017, 5:44 pm

j888 wrote:
Cheers for info looks like i will be having a crack at it then, just didnt want to buy them then when it came to the race not be able send them because of the moult, then have to tell whoever i brought them off that i still got them but couldnt send em lol
As Buster and Andy have already said fella you shouldn't have a problem with the moult. It's worth having a go for a bit off added enjoyment, as Andy said most the top fanciers will try and buy back their own birds. Some unscrupulous fanciers will unfortunately try and buy a bird from a top flier with no intention of racing it. It's all a gamble as to whether the bird makes it to the race but that's just part of the game.
We used to have a similar competition at Worthing many years ago, what we used to do is you all payed in to enter, names were drawn from a hat to decide who bred for who. That way you couldn't get your own bird back, all a bit of fun. Good luck with it mate :D
Andy123

February 18th, 2017, 5:51 pm

j888 wrote:
No I don't think so. I've just joined the BICC so will probably try a few in that. This will be my first season back so going to try and not get to carried away.
j888

February 18th, 2017, 6:30 pm

trench wrote:
February 18th, 2017, 5:44 pm
j888 wrote:
As Buster and Andy have already said fella you shouldn't have a problem with the moult. It's worth having a go for a bit off added enjoyment, as Andy said most the top fanciers will try and buy back their own birds. Some unscrupulous fanciers will unfortunately try and buy a bird from a top flier with no intention of racing it. It's all a gamble as to whether the bird makes it to the race but that's just part of the game.
We used to have a similar competition at Worthing many years ago, what we used to do is you all payed in to enter, names were drawn from a hat to decide who bred for who. That way you couldn't get your own bird back, all a bit of fun. Good luck with it mate :D

That sounds like another good way of doing it mate like you say sounds like good fun. Its a chance to get around the local club aswell to meet a few lads i suppose instead of waiting until yb racing starts in july.
j888

February 18th, 2017, 6:33 pm

Andy123 wrote:
February 18th, 2017, 5:51 pm
j888 wrote:
No I don't think so. I've just joined the BICC so will probably try a few in that. This will be my first season back so going to try and not get to carried away.
Sound mate good luck, are your birds barcelona bound then this summer ? :D

Return to “Young Fanciers & Novices”