Running a 2 section loft

Carnt find the answer your looking for? Post it here, someone will be willing to help.
Homer88

October 6th, 2016, 8:01 pm

Hi everyone im new to the racing game i have just started up with late breeds iv spoken to a few fancier's on how to run my 2 section loft with loads of different advice i was wondering if anybody could give me any tips it advice on this i will be racing natural next year with my birds at this present time i have 19 YB most are out ranging but a few are still sitting on the lift or my roof my plan is to start giving them some short tosses maybe 4 -5 times a week over the winter only a few miles to get them all used to the basket and trapping well ready for the racing season thanks in advance craig
rainbow

October 6th, 2016, 8:06 pm

chaps here will give you good advice for me rest and just loft fly over the winter then train and race light no more than 3 races as yearlings
ChrisRoscoe
Site Admin

October 6th, 2016, 8:23 pm

Personally I'd leave them to loft fly until the warmer weather then slowly build them up from 5miles to 30miles making sure they beating u back before moving them down the road, once at 30miles if your club dose club trainers put them it , team them to split from other pigeons :) then as rainbow says give them a few races at the shorter race points :)
Name: Chris Roscoe
Club: Rushden and Raunds South Road Flying Club
Fed: Mid Northants South Road

Return to “Young Fanciers & Novices”