Trapping Racing pigeons

Carnt find the answer your looking for? Post it here, someone will be willing to help.
Gavin1987

September 25th, 2016, 1:50 pm

Hi, i was wondering why my young racing pigeons are trapping to the roof and sitting there after training. I cut back the food but still sitting off the roof . I really can't understand why it's starting to do my head in now and can't seem to get my head round it :evil: someone please help me as this is my first time in racing pigeons thanks.
buster121

September 25th, 2016, 2:03 pm

Are they ill, I ask as that can sometimes be a reason they sit out, also sometimes young birds do go for the house roof think because its higher and easier to land on than loft
Gavin1987

September 25th, 2016, 2:42 pm

No mate, they are fit and healthy. i just can't understand why they going there i took them 4.2 miles other day and still sat on roof for a hour
Petedav

September 25th, 2016, 3:13 pm

To teach mine to trap from training I held back the evening feed then let them out in the morning and left them to it, after around 1 and 1/2 hours they were all back in, I then basketed them and put food in the loft, shaking my corn tin all the time, then I took them 4 miles down the road and released them leaving my Mrs at the loft with the corn tin and as soon as she saw them arriving she would shake the tin and the birds would trap like bullets, now every time I feed them I shake the corn tin and they soon get to know shaking the tin means food and every time they hear it they trap.hope this helps and I'm sure others will have other methods but this works for me.
devo56

September 25th, 2016, 3:15 pm

I would cut right back on the food, see how they trap. If you feel there is no illness in the loft. Do they have grit pots and minerals so they dont have to go looking elsewhere. Hope you get this problem sorted.
rainbow

September 25th, 2016, 4:13 pm

not flying long enough in one word lazy
ChrisRoscoe
Site Admin

September 25th, 2016, 4:38 pm

I'm with rainbow ybs can become lazy but tbh do they trap well when there loft flying ?
Name: Chris Roscoe
Club: Rushden and Raunds South Road Flying Club
Fed: Mid Northants South Road

Return to “Young Fanciers & Novices”