At sea in Surrey

Carnt find the answer your looking for? Post it here, someone will be willing to help.
Saul

February 10th, 2019, 1:35 pm

Thanks for the welcoming welcomes. Its been a soggy winter, but I got around to writing to Mrs Marsh and joining so now a member in Southern region. She gave me 2 localish club names Godalming and Horsham, but Google as I might I cannot find a website for either. Does everything have to be done by snail mail, its like a secret society! Loft completed, so following advice above I need to meet some people who can point me to some birds, or breed me some youngsters to get started.
buster121

February 10th, 2019, 3:02 pm

buster121

February 10th, 2019, 3:05 pm

Andy123

February 10th, 2019, 3:06 pm

A couple of good old clubs those Saul. Most individual clubs don’t have websites. Did Mrs Marsh not send you details of their club secretaries. I’m assuming that Mrs Marsh is probably the wife of Gordon Marsh. They used to fly in the Worthing club when I was there many years ago. I think I’m right in saying that the Marsh’s are in the Horsham club and may even be secretary. Trench would probably know. I’ll try and find some contact details for you.
Just seen that Buster has given some good info for you.
All you need to do is find out who to send your application to.
Bryngwynt

February 10th, 2019, 4:23 pm

Welcome to the site,pleased to here you have now got sorted with clubs at least.You need to find out what your club racing is going to be what mileage they will be racing from.

No point looking for distance birds,if most of your races are short.And vide Versa the other way around,hope that makes sense anyway.
Results achieved in past 2 years
1st x 22
2nd x 26
3rd x 17
4th x 19
5th x 16
Saul

February 10th, 2019, 7:13 pm

Thanks for the links guys, yes I have the snail mail address for the secretaries, I was just hoping to reduce paper wastage, I hear the internet is quite a big thing now :-)

Return to “Young Fanciers & Novices”