Beautiful Stray.

Talk about anything that is not relevant to the boards below.
Andy123

November 11th, 2019, 12:05 pm

buster121 wrote:
November 11th, 2019, 11:47 am
Andy123 wrote:
November 11th, 2019, 10:01 am
We lost our cat with throat cancer a couple of years ago. He was quite a character in the shop. He would sleep in the dog beds and wait for an unsuspecting dog and owner to walk past and jump on them. He did have the odd customer over the years when he was laid across the counter and they tried to stroke him. He would allow it for so long then sink his teeth in lol. Most of our customers loved him though and he was much missed by all.
1B1BEAE8-D88F-4ED4-A3EE-63D28F9F062B.jpeg
Roxanna would love another one, but not while we have the Jack Russells. They got on ok with Charlie but he was here first and when we got them as puppies they could walk underneath him. He soon showed them who was boss :D :D

Dev loves cats, how is yours doing mate :lol: :lol: :lol:
One of ours has stomach cancer at present the vets gave him 2 weeks to 2 months back in May, still with us thankfully we did think would have to phone vet this morning as he really unwell now the boss up most the night with him, he has good and bad days as expected but over the last week or so more and more bad ones
That’s such a shame Buster, it is horrible to lose any pet.
Thankfully our cat didn’t seem to suffer to bad. He was still playing the day before he died. He had gone off his food for a couple of days and seemed to be having trouble breathing when lying down. We thought he had a chest infection. I took him to the vet in the morning and they checked him over and said that from the neck down he was fine so they decided to sedate him to see if he had either tonsillitis, which apparently cats can get, or something stuck in his throat. I left him with them. I hadn’t been home more than half an hour when they phoned to say that they had lost him on the operating table. They found that he had cancer from his throat right down his windpipe. I think that while unsedated he was managing to breath but once sedated the windpipe had just closed up. They had tried without success to revive him. I’m glad they couldn’t really as it wouldn’t have been fair on him.
buster121

November 11th, 2019, 3:38 pm

At least he went peacefully Andy, the meds ours is on we think help but take it of him but without them he would have been gone long time ago
trench

November 11th, 2019, 7:21 pm

Muzza wrote:
November 11th, 2019, 8:25 am
Got a better picture of the missey

She was eating corn with fish oil on it, out of a spoon. I quietly picked up the camera, but she was awake to it! :lol: :lol:
Looking very nice mate 👍
trench

November 11th, 2019, 7:27 pm

Muzza wrote:
November 11th, 2019, 8:40 am
I had one of the boys helping me.

Flynn likes being near his parents now.

He was pretty feral when we bought him home from the rescue place. He still sinks his teeth in if he feels cornered, but when his daddy arrives home he is upside down with happiness.

He is a lovely boy!
He certainly looks nice and chilled out Murray 👍😀
I have had several cats over the years most of them have been very good with the pigeons, sadly all of the ones I have had met an untimely end under the wheels of cars 😥😥😥
Still have 2 at the moment one of which lives Mum and the other with us, I wouldn't trust either of them with my pigeons 🤔
trench

November 11th, 2019, 7:28 pm

Andy123 wrote:
We lost our cat with throat cancer a couple of years ago. He was quite a character in the shop. He would sleep in the dog beds and wait for an unsuspecting dog and owner to walk past and jump on them. He did have the odd customer over the years when he was laid across the counter and they tried to stroke him. He would allow it for so long then sink his teeth in lol. Most of our customers loved him though and he was much missed by all.
Roxanna would love another one, but not while we have the Jack Russells. They got on ok with Charlie but he was here first and when we got them as puppies they could walk underneath him. He soon showed them who was boss :D :D

He was a nice old boy Andy
trench

November 11th, 2019, 7:29 pm

buster121 wrote:
November 11th, 2019, 11:47 am
Andy123 wrote:

One of ours has stomach cancer at present the vets gave him 2 weeks to 2 months back in May, still with us thankfully we did think would have to phone vet this morning as he really unwell now the boss up most the night with him, he has good and bad days as expected but over the last week or so more and more bad ones
Sorry to hear that mate, very sad. It is very hard saying goodbye to our old friends but we will keep having them.
Muzza

November 13th, 2019, 8:08 am

:D :D

Anyway, as agreed, I sent the bloke who owned the beautiful stray a message letting him know if it was still here, or if it had cleared out.

He told me a bit more about the pigeon. She was clocked, on night fall, from 500 miles two weeks before she was sent to the race I got her from.

I think he was getting cold feet about giving it away. I left the door open, if he wants to come and get her.
Regards,

Murray
trench

November 13th, 2019, 8:33 pm

Muzza wrote:
November 13th, 2019, 8:08 am
:D :D

Anyway, as agreed, I sent the bloke who owned the beautiful stray a message letting him know if it was still here, or if it had cleared out.

He told me a bit more about the pigeon. She was clocked, on night fall, from 500 miles two weeks before she was sent to the race I got her from.

I think he was getting cold feet about giving it away. I left the door open, if he wants to come and get her.
Good that you have found out a bit more about her Murray, I reckon the owner was expecting her to make the trip back to him 👍😟 I have to say she does sound like she is a useful little bird to have, I think I would have wanted her back 😀👍
You best hope she lays soon mate just in case he turns up on your doorstep 🤣😂

Return to “Chat Racing Pigeon”