Next years thoughts systems and ideas

Talk about anything that is not relevant to the boards below.
trench

May 19th, 2019, 8:50 pm

BezSprint wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 3:18 pm
Hi all my racing next year is being thought of already

My race team will consist of 8 widowhood cocks
Split into 2 clubs 4 in each

4/8 will race upto 160 miles these will be the fastest 4 over the weeks and they will be stopped at the 160miles point. The other 4 will go right through to the coast and anything that has missed or under performed will be disposed of or sent across the channel if it shows “distance promise” 🤣 I will be racing Wednesday upto 70miles and saturdays upto 160 miles with the 4 fastest birds they will not be flown around home during the season just trained to 20 miles Tuesday and Thursday. I am asking a lot of them but with a small team I think being ruthless is the best way. Please let me know your thoughts good or bad. This is my plan now but as we all know in pigeon racing planning can be useless.

Thanks all I am enjoying the group.
Having a good clear plan and target is half the battle mate, racing a small team is full of risks whatever you're methods, a season can be blown to bits at any time. I am not and never been a widowhood man and this sounds like it will be a real test for the birds but I think with no loft flying once racing starts the system could work well.
Good luck with it and I look forward to seeing how it goes for you.
All the best
BezSprint

May 25th, 2019, 4:53 pm

Yes and peregrines are becoming a real problem for me and a lot of other locally the less time doing circles in the sky the better
ConorP

May 25th, 2019, 8:58 pm

Good luck mate sounds like you already knowing what your doing, look forward to hearing about your results

One idea I’ve got is racing natural but just to eggs, I work 12 miles on line of flight and thought I could train them every day and let them out when I’ve got time on maybe tue,wed,thurs, has anyone every tried this
BezSprint

May 25th, 2019, 11:43 pm

ConorP wrote:
Good luck mate sounds like you already knowing what your doing, look forward to hearing about your results

One idea I’ve got is racing natural but just to eggs, I work 12 miles on line of flight and thought I could train them every day and let them out when I’ve got time on maybe tue,wed,thurs, has anyone every tried this
I may be biased and get shot down for this mate but this is my honest opinion you could do the exact same on widowhood and have better results, if the same system is done for widowhood and natural. Widowhood wins usually. my father has won on widowhood upto 860miles, so it works well on the water races too but I understand it’s hard if you don’t have the space etc
Good luck pal
BezSprint

May 25th, 2019, 11:46 pm

ConorP wrote:

One more thing I would add if you were to race widowhood and say sacrificed one of the sexes them widowers knowing that 12 mile point so well would hit it and leave the rest for dead on race day I believe.
ConorP

May 26th, 2019, 12:42 am

I'm racing widowhood at the min with 11 cocks, I was racing cocks and hens but the cocks were battering the hens every week to the point I could have 10 cocks before I had a hen then in the end the cocks would not come in with no hen being there, so I stopped the hens to race the cocks to 2 weeks ago then won the next race, I was off work that werk so trained 35 miles back to hen for 3 days.

Then back to work this week so could only let them out once in the day when I had time, they looked well then 12 mins behind winner this week.
Last edited by ConorP on May 26th, 2019, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ConorP

Does anyone train cocks back to box with success
rainbow

May 26th, 2019, 8:43 am

at least 5 new pairings from new bloodlines
BezSprint

May 26th, 2019, 9:25 am

ConorP wrote:
Does anyone train cocks back to box with success
The week before the first race my cocks had 14 tosses to 10milw back to the hen they had never seen the basket until the week before the first race and they won. They will adapt to anything Patrick boeckx in Belgium is an amazing flyer and also a police officer with bad working hours his birds are not on a strict schedule and probably don’t even lift fly some days and he wins out of turn with good pigeons anything is possible pal
Andy123

May 26th, 2019, 10:13 am

When I raced widowhood apart from the 10 days that they were sitting just before going onto widowhood they were never trained. When ever the cocks saw the basket the hen was there when they arrived back at the loft. When exercising twice a day they would be shut out for the hour. I had to keep out of site. After the hour I would go out and open up the loft. As soon as they saw me they were looking to come in. I flew open door then and as I opened the doors they would be through them nearly taking me out. I would then shut the doors and go and sort the other birds out before going back and feeding the cocks. I wanted the cocks trapping back into the loft for their box and not for food.

Return to “Chat Racing Pigeon”