Onwards and...

Talk about anything here.
CDBL

January 11th, 2020, 2:30 pm

Hey guys, just thought I'd do a quick update. I've been MIA for too long. Embarrassingly I hadn't spoken to Devo since the 5th Dec until yesterday!! Time seems slow in the moment and fast in the memory.

I've now launched Heathland and things are going well. I sold 24 bottles via my local in december. Just about breaking even on costs. Purchases, I.e. stocking up with 100 bottles, has seen me make a real terms loss. But I feel I'm on track. I have the VE day celebrations in Tilshead in May, and a local gin festival that sold out, 400 tickets, in a week. And they made my gin the welcome gin. So automatic 15 bottle sale there.

On the health front. The work has really helped me with the aspergers. I still get massive anxiety attending customers. But on the whole... maybe the pub atmosphere/being in my local so much... I have made a few friends/can go in any time of day and know someone. Something I haven't had for 5 years...

My anaemia. They found the cause. It's not great. Basically 4 years ago I had up and down camera investigations... they found mild oesophagitis. And put me on omeprazole. About 3 years ago. Whilst trying to get to the bottom of another bout of anaemia a haematologist took me of them. Thinking they might be inhibiting uptake... I now have something called barrets oesophagus, a precancerous mutation of the oesophagus, caused by acid reflux. Its 2cm by 4cm. I dont know what it means really. But waiting for biopsies to come back. 4 to 6 weeks! This is why I dont like the Tories!

On the whole, best to keep it at onwards.... hope all are well and had a merry christmas and a happy new year!
Not so retired racer, part time webmaster and part time distiller
buster121

January 11th, 2020, 3:10 pm

Hi chris glad all going well with the gin and hope bigger things follow, hospital test have always taken around 4/6 weeks so hopefully then they can get you sorted, I take that same medication as well it can cause stomach ulcers ask if you really need it or not as there are others out there that will do same or similar
CDBL

January 11th, 2020, 4:29 pm

Ahh ok. Will ask on followup. Oh completely forgot. Also got the pigeons devo gave me flying france this year. Middle distance with a few sprint races. Probs starting around 100miles racing proper. So hopefully will be able to update on how they get on. And looking forward to seeing the Barcelona test loft a year closer.
Not so retired racer, part time webmaster and part time distiller
Andy123

January 11th, 2020, 5:19 pm

Good to see you back Chris. Glad the Gin is beginning to take off. Don’t try to run before you can walk, it will take time to develop a base market.
Hope all your test results come back ok.
killer

January 11th, 2020, 6:35 pm

Welcome back mate .
trench

January 11th, 2020, 6:51 pm

Good to hear the Gin venture is going to plan Chris, hope it keeps getting better for you mate. Glad the aspergers seems to be under control and that the new business is helping you deal with it. Sorry to hear you are still having other problems, I hope the results come back soon and that they get you sorted mate. I on a positive for the NHS they are usually pretty quick at getting the results back if they suspect cancer so I'd be thinking not hearing anything is a good thing 👍🤞🤞
Good to hear you have birds racing again this year, hope they come well for you mate.
All the very best and as you rightly say, onwards and upwards 👍
buster121

January 11th, 2020, 7:07 pm

CDBL wrote:
January 11th, 2020, 4:29 pm
Ahh ok. Will ask on followup. Oh completely forgot. Also got the pigeons devo gave me flying france this year. Middle distance with a few sprint races. Probs starting around 100miles racing proper. So hopefully will be able to update on how they get on. And looking forward to seeing the Barcelona test loft a year closer.
Good to see you have the pigeons going, hope they do you and Dev proud mate

Return to “Chit Chat”