Art work

Talk about anything here.
bkays

January 6th, 2020, 12:52 pm

Hello all. I've been ill over Christmas with the flu. About 4 months ago I wanted to see what it was like to paint on canvas. So I painted a city in a video game/retro style.

For Christmas I was given an easel and some art supplies. So I made these 4 painting because I've been ill and have been stuck inside. They're hand painted by myself with acrylic on a 30cm x40cm canvas.

PS: I replied to your e-mail Andy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Petedav

January 6th, 2020, 2:25 pm

Very nice mate, talented man
lestheeagle

January 6th, 2020, 3:08 pm

They are very good Ben 8-)
Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.
PVDMR

January 6th, 2020, 3:37 pm

Picture 4 please 10/10 well DoneπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜
You can buy The Mans Winning pigeons
BUT not the Man that flys them!!
buster121

January 6th, 2020, 3:40 pm

Very good Ben
Andy123

January 6th, 2020, 3:45 pm

They look great Ben, well done.
trench

January 6th, 2020, 7:15 pm

Very good Ben, you clearly have a talent πŸ‘hope you are feeling better now mate.
Muzza

January 7th, 2020, 7:44 am

Now, there is a gifted man!

Being able to create that kind of vivid image must have so many possibilities.
Regards,

Murray
bkays

January 7th, 2020, 12:33 pm

I would like to take responsibility for the design of the faces but they were taken off the internet. I rough sketched them on canvas then used the paint and brush to paint in the detail. To turn them into playing cards was my idea though and they look quite good.

I covered the canvas in a nice thick coat of good quality titanium white. So any lines I didn't want to use could be gently rubbed out with a eraser without leaving any marks on the canvas.

I'm sure I could create a face from scratch and I'll move up to that. These are basically the first canvas paintings I have ever done. Well I did one before these but that was in a different style of my own design.
trench

January 7th, 2020, 7:32 pm

bkays wrote: ↑
January 7th, 2020, 12:33 pm
I would like to take responsibility for the design of the faces but they were taken off the internet. I rough sketched them on canvas then used the paint and brush to paint in the detail. To turn them into playing cards was my idea though and they look quite good.

I covered the canvas in a nice thick coat of good quality titanium white. So any lines I didn't want to use could be gently rubbed out with a eraser without leaving any marks on the canvas.

I'm sure I could create a face from scratch and I'll move up to that. These are basically the first canvas paintings I have ever done. Well I did one before these but that was in a different style of my own design.
Still great paintings Ben especially as they were your first proper attempt on canvas and the idea of playing cards certainly works well πŸ‘and remember some of the best artists down through history have been the forgers πŸ‘πŸ€ πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Return to β€œChit Chat”