List of Barcelona Loft entries

Post your pictures here.
CDBL

May 15th, 2018, 7:31 am

good post buster. oddballs and magic... sound like our forum :lol:

I misread that at first. the long flights. because a certain pennine heights mother had a longer 10th flight I have discovered. a trait she seems to pass on. I met a guy who owns the mother and all her brothers and sisters pretty much including Luka. am working on a website for him.

Devo has agreed to give me back the freialdenhofen I gave him. he will be paired on to a sister luka bird in Europe. whatever i get off the pair. two are going to devo. and am hoping to auction one with all funds minus commission going to this forum for prizes and upkeep. the sister Lukas are worth about 10k each. Etienne meirlaen factor. hoping for 6 young birds total.
2016 - RPRA - 0/2 - No result
2017 - RPRA & FYBD - 1/4 (110th) & 2/3
2017/18 - SAMDPR - 1/4 (A LEGEND)
2018 - Costa Del Sol - 7/9 Ace Speed Champions

Refinement is worth the effort. :-)
trench

May 15th, 2018, 8:00 am

CDBL wrote:
May 15th, 2018, 7:31 am
good post buster. oddballs and magic... sound like our forum :lol:

I misread that at first. the long flights. because a certain pennine heights mother had a longer 10th flight I have discovered. a trait she seems to pass on. I met a guy who owns the mother and all her brothers and sisters pretty much including Luka. am working on a website for him.

Devo has agreed to give me back the freialdenhofen I gave him. he will be paired on to a sister luka bird in Europe. whatever i get off the pair. two are going to devo. and am hoping to auction one with all funds minus commission going to this forum for prizes and upkeep. the sister Lukas are worth about 10k each. Etienne meirlaen factor. hoping for 6 young birds total.
Good luck with this venture Chris, hope it works out well for you mate.
Donating to the forum is a very kind idea.
All the best.
Andy123

May 15th, 2018, 8:13 am

All the best with your idea Chris, hope things work out well for you.
CDBL

May 15th, 2018, 8:23 am

cheers guys. mine will just be breeders. so I can add different amounts of speed or distance blood for different distances. does that make them my foundation birds?

Andy123

May 15th, 2018, 8:55 am

CDBL wrote:
cheers guys. mine will just be breeders. so I can add different amounts of speed or distance blood for different distances. does that make them my foundation birds?
Yes it does Chris but to move forward with these 2 as your foundation you then need to really test the offspring at what ever distances you decide and then select the best to pair back to the original 2 with continued testing. Only when you have a family of birds, all with them in their pedigrees can they be classed as successful foundation birds.
trench

May 15th, 2018, 8:32 pm

Andy123 wrote:
CDBL wrote:
Yes it does Chris but to move forward with these 2 as your foundation you then need to really test the offspring at what ever distances you decide and then select the best to pair back to the original 2 with continued testing. Only when you have a family of birds, all with them in their pedigrees can they be classed as successful foundation birds.
Very well put Andy, that just about covers it :D
I personally would also pair brother and sister together.
CDBL

May 17th, 2018, 1:30 pm

Andy123 wrote:
CDBL wrote:
Cheers Andy! We will see. With Golden Wings I can stock birds for £25 a year, so my three young will go there. Also in the stock loft I have a Groeneveld Jansen cock. The Ko Van Dommelen's are racing this year and will probably go as far as Narbonne, as they are distance birds so only way to find out how good they are is to race them. That costs £75 for racing and keeping them. I need to speak to John and Lou as I may aim for the 2020 RPRA OLR, and see if I can just pay for a year's training/racing next year for my young birds to try out some combinations.

trench

May 17th, 2018, 9:35 pm

CDBL wrote:
May 17th, 2018, 1:30 pm
Andy123 wrote:
CDBL wrote:
Cheers Andy! We will see. With Golden Wings I can stock birds for £25 a year, so my three young will go there. Also in the stock loft I have a Groeneveld Jansen cock. The Ko Van Dommelen's are racing this year and will probably go as far as Narbonne, as they are distance birds so only way to find out how good they are is to race them. That costs £75 for racing and keeping them. I need to speak to John and Lou as I may aim for the 2020 RPRA OLR, and see if I can just pay for a year's training/racing next year for my young birds to try out some combinations.
Good luck Chris, hope all your plans go well for you.
Look forwards to following your progress mate.

Return to “Pictures”