Youngsters missing

This is for members to ask questions and just have a chat about the Barcelona Test Loft
Andy123

May 26th, 2019, 10:22 pm

I had youngsters still flying around at 9pm this evening. They would come down onto the house at the end of the garden but wouldn’t come down onto the loft. They just kept flying off and coming back down. Just been up to shut the loft and there are 20 missing. Last year I had the same one night last year, but at least then they stayed on the house. Tonight they are nowhere to be seen. I hope they return in the morning. The trap is partly open so we will have to see and hope they are back tomorrow.
Starter46

May 26th, 2019, 10:29 pm

I had the same Andy about 2 weeks ago 10 missing, I thought that was it all gone but they all worked there way back the last one 3 days later . Now there the first ones in when I call them. A lesson learnt. Hope you get them back mate
stevekulpa

May 26th, 2019, 11:38 pm

Andy123 wrote:
May 26th, 2019, 10:22 pm
I had youngsters still flying around at 9pm this evening. They would come down onto the house at the end of the garden but wouldn’t come down onto the loft. They just kept flying off and coming back down. Just been up to shut the loft and there are 20 missing. Last year I had the same one night last year, but at least then they stayed on the house. Tonight they are nowhere to be seen. I hope they return in the morning. The trap is partly open so we will have to see and hope they are back tomorrow.
We had the same twice last week Tuesday I got them all down when it was barely light enough. Then on Wednesday we were 6 short but luckily they all worked in on Thursday. I hope they work back tomorrow Andy
Eastyorkflyer

May 27th, 2019, 12:12 am

Do you have a flag routine? Or just call to food ?
Andy123

May 27th, 2019, 12:36 am

Eastyorkflyer wrote:
Just call them, but don’t forget that they are on open loft and even after their evening feed they often come back out for another fly. I just shut the loft up when dark. They are often still flying up until 8.30 at the moment and come down just before dark but for some reason they didn’t tonight. I did put one of my old cocks out which brought several down onto the loft but then one coming down took off and they all went again. I have a feeling that there was probably a stray among them that was causing the trouble and making them jumpy.
The good thing is that they can’t have gone to far as it was virtually dark. Also for the racing I’m doing it won’t do them any harm to spend a night out. Just hope they are all there in the morning.
Eastyorkflyer

May 27th, 2019, 12:39 am

Andy123 wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 12:36 am
Eastyorkflyer wrote:
Just call them, but don’t forget that they are on open loft and even after their evening feed they often come back out for another fly. I just shut the loft up when dark. They are often still flying up until 8.30 at the moment and come down just before dark but for some reason they didn’t tonight. I did put one of my old cocks out which brought several down onto the loft but then one coming down took off and they all went again. I have a feeling that there was probably a stray among them that was causing the trouble and making them jumpy.
The good thing is that they can’t have gone to far as it was virtually dark. Also for the racing I’m doing it won’t do them any harm to spend a night out. Just hope they are all there in the morning.
They will of settled close by on a roof and be home for breakfast mate 👍
buster121

May 27th, 2019, 6:56 am

Hope they are there waiting for breakfast
rainbow

May 27th, 2019, 7:33 am

just hope you get them at some time to-day Andy looks like a fly away thing is those that do make it back on there own will turn out good birds
lestheeagle

May 27th, 2019, 7:55 am

They will turn up Andy 8-)
Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.
Muzza

May 27th, 2019, 8:24 am

lestheeagle wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 7:55 am
They will turn up Andy 8-)

What Les said! :)

They wont be far away, and will turn up tomorrow.
Regards,

Murray

Return to “Chit Chat”