Barcelona team pigeon reported

This is for members to ask questions and just have a chat about the Barcelona Test Loft
Andy123

February 26th, 2019, 9:15 pm

Yesterday I had a phone call from a chap in Hereford saying that he had one of my pigeons. He said that it had come in over the weekend. He asked whether I had been training. I said I hadn’t. He then asked where I lost it from, at the time I wasn’t sure which one it was. I told him that would have either of been Guernsey or Coutances. He said that it had no rubber on. I said that if I had raced it it would have an ETS ring on, which it didn’t have either. When I checked my records, I found that it is a Dark Chequer youngster from Potter that I lost off the loft last May. The chap said that it didn’t look like it had been out all that time. I have looked at the options of going and picking it up, which would be a 5 hour round trip or have it picked up by Walkers. The problem is that as it was lost off the loft nearly a year ago and has obviously been in somewhere all this time I think the chances of settling it would be quite slim. In view of this I have told him that it probably isn’t worth me having back. Sorry Stew but if it had been raced or even trained I would have got it back. He is going to let it out and if it stays he will let me know in a few days time. I would say that someone has had it all this time and now started training it. May well be transferred to the chap. At least we know where it has gone Stew.
stevekulpa

February 26th, 2019, 10:25 pm

Possibly the right decision to let it stay where it is after all this time you would have to break it in with no guarantee that it won't disappear as soon as you let it out.
Potter29

February 27th, 2019, 6:50 am

Yes no worries mate i agrea totally with what ur saying atb pal
devo56

February 27th, 2019, 7:52 am

I feel it is the right decision you made Andy, apart from bringing it back and trying to break it out. There always a chance of the bird picking up a viruses or bacteria and then bringing it back to the loft. In this case you have looked after the welfare of your team already in the loft.
trench

February 27th, 2019, 8:26 pm

I agree, think it's the best thing for the bird especially as the guy is happy to give it a go if it stays. It is annoying that fanciers seem to keep stray birds in without reporting them.

Return to “Chit Chat”