British Barcelona Club

This is for members to ask questions and just have a chat about the Barcelona Test Loft
Andy123

November 2nd, 2018, 10:23 am

The British Barcelona Club have announced their program for 2019. I am not a member yet but will be for next season. They have decided that there program will be:
Old Birds
11/5 Fourgeres 195mls
8/6 Ancenis 225mls
21/6 ??
29/6 Fourgeres 195mls
27/7 Bordeaux 438mls

Young Birds / Old Hens
31/8 Fourgeres 195mls

The longest race to be held potentially on the 21/6 is undecided yet as a proportion has gone in to go to Barcelona 702mls instead of Palamos 689mls.
A ballot has been sent out to members. I think they will be going to Barcelona but they are deciding whether to go on their own or with the International. I personally hope they go on their own. This will be great for our Barcelona loft as at least they will all be coming back to the UK and not pulled all over Europe. I know we won’t be going there for a couple of years with our team, but could even give us the potential for 2 Barcelona races in a season. This is being voted on at their AGM on the 17th November, so will keep you posted with what they decide.
Petedav

November 2nd, 2018, 12:56 pm

Looks like a decent program but would have thought Barcelona would of been a given with it being part of the name of the club.
Andy123

November 2nd, 2018, 1:56 pm

Petedav wrote:
Looks like a decent program but would have thought Barcelona would of been a given with it being part of the name of the club.
I think they always used to race Barcelona, but I think they felt that the liberation point wasn’t very good so changed to Palamos. They have chopped and changed a bit over the last few years. I think I’m right in saying that the liberation site in Barcelona has changed and is now a better site. I might be wrong.
trench

November 2nd, 2018, 5:19 pm

Yes a decent programme with a good spread of distances, the only thing I would say is I think there should be another shorter young bird race jmo.
As you say Pete it seems a no brainer to fly Barcellona and I agree Andy that they would be better to go alone otherwise why have a BBC and a BICC.
grizzlecock

November 4th, 2018, 11:31 am

Andy123 wrote:
November 2nd, 2018, 1:56 pm
Petedav wrote:
I think they always used to race Barcelona, but I think they felt that the liberation point wasn’t very good so changed to Palamos. They have chopped and changed a bit over the last few years. I think I’m right in saying that the liberation site in Barcelona has changed and is now a better site. I might be wrong.
They always used to take a beating out of Barcelona,and went to Palomas hoping it might save many birds from flying up the many blind allies for hours only to find a 11,000ft wall blocking their way,how deheartning that must be,poor buggers.
Lets just hope their are enough old timers to keep it a English/British national....nothing wrong with barcelona International but it can give false impression of certain areas birds
Andy123

November 20th, 2018, 6:12 pm

The British Barcelona Club have confirmed that they are going to go to Barcelona next year. Unfortunately they have decided that they are going to go with the international. I think this was a financial decision as much as anything as only 130 birds went to Palamos last year.
Not that this will affect us for probably another couple of years.
On another note that is much better for me, as I will be sending to some of their shorter races, is that they are moving the marking station from Salisbury to Frome market, the same place as we mark the CSCFC birds so this will make it a bit easier for me.
trench

November 20th, 2018, 6:56 pm

Andy123 wrote:
The British Barcelona Club have confirmed that they are going to go to Barcelona next year. Unfortunately they have decided that they are going to go with the international. I think this was a financial decision as much as anything as only 130 birds went to Palamos last year.
On another note that is much better for me, as I will be sending to some of their shorter races, is that they are moving the marking station from Salisbury to Frome market, the same place as we mark the CSCFC birds so this will make it a bit easier for me.
That's good then Andy, that will make marking easier for you. As you say the longest race won't affect you for a couple of years, unless you have the odd bird that has something to prove.
devo56

November 20th, 2018, 7:02 pm

At least you have time on your hands Andy, and the birds will have the chance to be ready.
buster121

November 20th, 2018, 8:41 pm

Andy123 wrote:
Every little helps ;) ;)
Petedav

November 21st, 2018, 2:05 pm

Can't be a bad thing then Andy, it will give you more choices as to where you send the birds if you can mark for 2 clubs at the same place.

Return to “Chit Chat”