Youngsters for the Barcelona loft next year.

This is for members to ask questions and just have a chat about the Barcelona Test Loft
Andy123

October 15th, 2018, 8:20 am

DragonflyLofts wrote:
October 15th, 2018, 7:57 am
Andy how many races do they get as ybs?
I try to give them 2 races. With our aims and my race program these are both channel races with the BICC and the CSCFC. I only have 4 races available to me. I am going to join the BBC next year, which will give me another option although their youngbird race is on the same weekend as one of BICC races. I am also a member of the NFC but marking is a bit more difficult for me than the others.
This year they had Guernsey with the BICC and Coutances with the CSCFC. My aim was to send to Fourgeres with the BICC but they came back to Guernsey. If I had been a member of the BBC I could still have gone to Fourgeres.
DragonflyLofts

October 15th, 2018, 8:59 am

Thanks for your reply Andy I am trying a few new pairings next year to include blood from the "Harry" line that we are specifically putting together for our channel races if there is space I'd like to send you 2 of them
Andy123

October 15th, 2018, 10:10 am

DragonflyLofts wrote:
October 15th, 2018, 8:59 am
Thanks for your reply Andy I am trying a few new pairings next year to include blood from the "Harry" line that we are specifically putting together for our channel races if there is space I'd like to send you 2 of them
That would be great. As mentioned before, the aim is still to get these birds to Barcelona, which is 700 miles to me, so no preferential treatment will be given to any, they will all be treated the same with this goal in mind. It would be a good test to see how far these will go, and in top class competition. It is still early days in this venture and will be interesting to see how things progress. I wouldn’t be looking to have any youngsters in until early April. If this is all ok with you I’m happy to give them a go. Thanks. Andy.
DragonflyLofts

October 15th, 2018, 10:55 am

That's fine Andy what are the costs for sending them to you ie corn, race fees etc
Andy123

October 15th, 2018, 11:38 am

There is no cost at all in entry or fees, the only thing I ask is that members cover the cost of getting them to me. After that they are effectively my pigeons. They are transferred into my name, if they don’t already have one of my rings on, then I pay for all other costs involved. They are raced under my name and any prize money that they may win is a bonus for me lol. This was only started last year so still a very new venture and things are still evolving. It is a long term venture that gives members that may not have otherwise been able to test their birds at these sort of distances and against the best in the country to do so. It is a learning process for me also as I have never been involved in anything like this before and only have a small back garden loft. I feel privileged to be running this for the members. The ultimate aim is to found a loft of proven long distance pigeons, with eventually hopefully our own Barcelona bred pigeons. We made a good start last season although we did have a very hard couple of youngbird races with the weather far from in our favour over this side of the country and there are a few things that I need to do a bit differently but on the whole I think most members enjoyed it. This is definitely not a money making venture for me and any birds that come back from the races are kept in the team and hopefully in the future we will have birds that can then be put to stock having proved themselves at the distance.
Andy123

October 18th, 2018, 10:24 pm

Recently found out that birds flown in the Internationals have to have rings with the FCI logo on. They can be sent to the international races with the BICC without FCI rings, but they won’t be included in the international results. I have checked the IHU ring on the youngster I have from Magic and this one has got the logo. The GB rings also have the logo, but the NWHU ones don’t, which is why they are a different colour to the others. I know a lot of next years youngsters coming to the Barcelona loft will have my rings on, can I just ask that those that don’t, don’t have NWHU rings on as these won’t be able to compete in the internationals.

Return to “Chit Chat”