Thoughts on youngbird program

This is for members to ask questions and just have a chat about the Barcelona Test Loft
Andy123

April 4th, 2018, 9:00 pm

I’ve been thinking about the race program for our Barcelona Loft youngbirds. I know at the end of the day it is to be my decision, but I want members involved in this venture to give there views as it is for all of us.
This is a long term venture so I know we’re not looking to do anything more than to educate them this year.
I still think it will be good for their education to give them a couple of races this year, which will obviously be over the channel.
Looking at the race program we have:
18th August Guernsey National BICC 109mls
25th August Coutances National CSCFC 145mls
1st September Coutances National NFC 145mls
8th September Fourgeres National BICC 195mls
I am thinking of splitting the team in two and giving them all two races each. It will depend on the wind forecast as I won’t want them being taken over to the east of the country as this could turn a 195mls into a 350 mile race.
What do others think.
trench

April 4th, 2018, 9:21 pm

Looks good Andy.
I would probably send the whole team to Guernsey and split the team for the two Coutances. As you have a range of families that you don't yet know I probably wouldn't push them all on to Fougeres but be a bit more selective dependant on previous performances. The members should be able to help you with this as they should know their birds and their capabilities.
Good luck Bruv.
Petedav

April 4th, 2018, 10:10 pm

I would agree with trench, send them all to Guernsey and then split for the two coutances races, then pick the stronger performers for the fougeres race. Best of luck.
isaacs

April 5th, 2018, 9:41 am

Can't offer any experienced advice because I lack in experience lol, but I will be watching with interest in this barcelona loft.
More updates the better Andy :D

Return to “Chit Chat”