Problems in our Barcelona loft

Andy will post updates his updates here.
PVDMR

January 19th, 2020, 12:01 pm

Andy123 wrote:
January 19th, 2020, 10:59 am
Trouble is Stu we run that risk every week during the racing season. Even more with my type of racing and from the extreme distance. My birds would spend a minimum of 2 days in a basket on every race and even longer as the distance increases. From the furthest races even the best birds could be out a couple of nights. Do you then quarantine everything that comes back in case it has picked something up?
Andy I get you ;)
As I only flew sprint/middle
But one year Y/B sickness was rife
My birds were on Vircon S in there water on returning from a race
If everything was ok.....Following night,,Morrison’s plain yogurt mixed with their corn followed with vitamins
With your long distance birds I would give them a 4/1 on their second day for 3/4 days
Buts that’s me,like you said were all different
But IF you segregated that hen you could have saved yourself a lot of bother and pain

Atb
You can buy The Mans Winning pigeons
BUT not the Man that flys them!!
Andy123

January 19th, 2020, 1:31 pm

Thanks for your reply Stew. I don’t disagree with what you’re saying especially with the hen.
This is one of the great things with this forum. No one is knocking others for the way do things and always good to get other members views.
buster121

January 19th, 2020, 4:16 pm

Andy123 wrote:
January 19th, 2020, 1:31 pm
Thanks for your reply Stew. I don’t disagree with what you’re saying especially with the hen.
This is one of the great things with this forum. No one is knocking others for the way do things and always good to get other members views.
sorry to see not very well mate, reading posts things have improved a little hope it continues and you get back on top of things mate
atb
Andy123

January 20th, 2020, 8:18 pm

Things are slowly getting better. Still some wet droppings but a lot more a bit firmer ones. Some almost back to normal. All though I’m expecting to suddenly find all fine, I’ve got to remember it’s only 2 weeks since it all started and they wouldn’t have all got it right at the start. The first ones could be almost over it whilst the later ones could still have a few days to go. I’m not expecting any more to go backwards now. Trev’s one is definitely improving the dark Chequer hen from Dev & Chris is still not good but still here.
Apart from the dark hen all went off for a fly yesterday and today. It was a nice crisp frosty morning this morning and they went really high and flew on and off all morning on open loft.
jmccall

January 20th, 2020, 8:38 pm

Andy try this is will pull them round very quickly
(Guardian angel) for caged birds but fantastic product for your problem
Andy123

January 20th, 2020, 9:01 pm

Thanks John, I’ll get hold of some, my wholesalers may do it.

Return to “Updates”