2019 Barcelona loft roundup

Andy will post updates his updates here.
leroyhutz

September 11th, 2019, 11:54 am

Very honest and good read andy well done.
bkays

September 11th, 2019, 6:48 pm

It's a really fun community project and because of it. My father and I have met Andy personally twice. Andy knows the situation were in and won't be able to breed next year. Hopefully should be able to the year after though. If not were going to give Andy the pick of 6 top class pigeons to pick from and breed us a pair or two for the project if we can't. As he's going to build a small section for a couple of pairs of stock pigeons.

Really good update. Already looking forward to seeing pictures of them all once they've fully moulted. Some are further along in the moult than others.

Bring on next year :D
stevekulpa

September 11th, 2019, 8:09 pm

Well done Andy a good read although long distance is not our thing, Its enjoyable to read how its going and add my opinion be it right or wrong. Keep going I'm sure you'll get there ,Rome wasn't built in a day ;)
trench

September 11th, 2019, 9:07 pm

Another good and honest appraisal Andy, the birds are looking well. There are some cracking looking birds there and the experience within the team is rising. As you say it is going to take several years to build an established and reliable team, you will be able to compete in more races as the team grows. As long as you can continue being self critical, be honest with yourself and be open to other ideas then you will continue to move in the right direction.
Just a note on your issue with pairs leaving the nest while the partner is away, Des always used to put the bird that was staying at home in a basket until its mate returned. I would always try and pair birds together that had the same target race point so they had the same program and were away together, and would work out their nesting positions to suit.
Hope you manage to get your loft sorted but if not just carry on as you are and you will get there bruv.
Well done, keep up the good work.
Muzza

September 13th, 2019, 9:07 am

Andy123 wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 9:48 am
Muzza wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 9:07 am
That is a very well considered and well presented report, Andy.

I think you have done well with the birds this year, considering the long term plan and the obstacles you are facing. :)

I am wondering if I might obtain one or two pairs of young birds from the members and enter them into the program? Is that allowed under the conditions of the project?
I would be more than happy for you to do that Murray. There are no conditions as such. The only thing I ask for is that members pay to get them to me, after that all other expenses are mine. I just love having this opportunity to do this for the members.
You’ll have to decide who you would like them from :lol: once here they can be down as from you.
Well, that immediately puts me in an awkward situation. :lol: I shall try to be as diplomatic as possible.

Here goes :)

If anyone with a shed full of slow old looong distance pigeons would be interested in selling some to a mug in Australia, please apply here.

How's that? :D
Regards,

Murray
Petedav

September 13th, 2019, 9:39 am

I would be happy to breed you a pair Murray if you want them.
Muzza

September 13th, 2019, 9:52 am

Petedav wrote:
September 13th, 2019, 9:39 am
I would be happy to breed you a pair Murray if you want them.
Indeed I do!

Send me a message with time, price, arranging delivery to Andy, and any other things you can think of, and we are in business! :D
Regards,

Murray
Muzza

September 13th, 2019, 10:01 am

I was thinking of Petemuzz or Muzzpete.....but that's not very imaginative.

I suggest that we shall be, 'The Ashes Loft'.

With The Ashes series in progress, it is appropriate for an Aussie and a Pom, I think!
Regards,

Murray

Return to “Updates”