Forum

Notifications
Clear all

South coast federation  

Page 5 / 5

Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
02/09/2018 11:44 am  

Well done Trevor ,hope the missing two turn up ,we had 25 first timers or birds that had made mistakes at Yeovil today and are 7 short Three of those we have picked up after either training or the first race another 3 had time out from the first or second race and the last one is a first timer that was not ready when the first race came along. I do hope they turn in tomorrow ,one good thing is that we never libbed until 2.00 so they have only done 6 hrs max today so should have plenty in the tank ,fingers crossed.
Steve

Hope you get some more back today Steve, it does make you wonder if these later liberations are better from that perspective mate.
I think if I lose these two today and the one I lost last week it will be my own fault, I wasn't originally going to race these three as they were a bit younger than the others so hadn't been trained. When the race programme was changed and the races were brought back I decided to chance them, it was a big ask as the two this week only had 3 trainers up to 20miles.
I have made a fair few school boy errors this year in my impatience to get racing again at the cost of too many birds, I would swap both the firsts I have won for a few more birds back on their perches. You live and hopefully learn and try not too make the same mistakes again next year.
All the best.

ReplyQuote
stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered
02/09/2018 11:59 am  

You certainly do live and learn and just when you think you've cracked it ,BANG they bring you back down to earth again, Ours have no excuse they have had plenty of training and most of it up 3 at a time so I don't know where they got to , It's 10.00 and still none shown up

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
02/09/2018 3:54 pm  

Just looked at the early times in the Fed, they just print the top 10 at this stage and this week all 10 were timed in Reigate, the most Northerly members of our Fed which is no real surprise considering the wind. The winner was doing 1351ypm so well done to them.

ReplyQuote
stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered
02/09/2018 5:48 pm  

Hi Trevor ,10 minutes after I typed the last post the first one from yesterday turned up none the worst for her night out ,but she's the only one to show 🙁

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
02/09/2018 9:29 pm  

Hi Trevor ,10 minutes after I typed the last post the first one rom yesterday turned up none the worst for her night out ,but she's the only one to show 🙁

Pleased to hear one has turned up Steve, hope you see the others too. No sign of mine today unfortunately.
All the best.

ReplyQuote
Magic
(@magic)
Noble Member Registered
04/09/2018 8:22 am  

On the up side of this I did get my second club win winning by just 3 yards all four of us clocking within 10 minutes so it is another bitter sweet day.
All the best.

Only going through these posts now Trev and was delighted to read this, well done my friend.

Children with autism are colourful - they are very beautiful and like the rainbow they stand out.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
04/09/2018 9:59 pm  

On the up side of this I did get my second club win winning by just 3 yards all four of us clocking within 10 minutes so it is another bitter sweet day.
All the best.

Only going through these posts now Trev and was delighted to read this, well done my friend.

Cheers John, it's been a good couple of weeks 😀

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
08/09/2018 10:01 am  

Not racing myself this weekend and missing it already.
The South Coast Fed birds were liberated from Kingsdown at 7.45 in a light West wind and apparently cleared well.
Good luck to all in the Fed, hope it's a good race for them.

ReplyQuote
stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered
08/09/2018 11:18 pm  

Must have cleared well we went at 8.00 had a good race except for the trapping

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
09/09/2018 11:15 am  

Must have cleared well we went at 8.00 had a good race except for the trapping

Pleased to hear you had a good race Steve, hope the returns were good too.
Whether they cleared well or not I would have thought that was far too soon to be letting the next lot of birds away. The only thing is at least they are all heading in the same direction with some of our members being closer to you than me. I believe our Fed's are joining forces again next week from Oakhampton, Lisa and I are away and our Club is not sending to that one either. Personally I would like to see the two Feds going together more often.
All the best

ReplyQuote
stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered
11/09/2018 12:42 am  

We are Exeter this week, not flying with anyone else ,Don't know were you got the idea that we were joining with you Trevor. And yes we had a good race with 36/37 home and they came well ,last one not shown up though at least 16 of them were only having there 2nd or 3rd race.
steve

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
11/09/2018 11:26 pm  

We are Exeter this week, not flying with anyone else ,Don't know were you got the idea that we were joining with you Trevor. And yes we had a good race with 36/37 home and they came well ,last one not shown up though at least 16 of them were only having there 2nd or 3rd race.
steve

Hi Steve, pleased to hear you're returns were good, they did well mate.
My mistake 😀 we are going with the Surrey Federation not the BB&O.
Hope it's another good race for team Kulppa.
All the best.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5