Thank you to the members

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Devo1956

Would one of the Admin please close my account, i cannot find a delete button. A big thank you to all of the members, over the past, you have all worked so hard to keep the site going. so well done.
to all of you. Also to Rainbow George, and the true gents Murray and Trev. and not forgetting Killer sadly missed. Take care all.
Albert

What's that about. ?
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Albert wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:14 pm What's that about. ?
It might be a comment I made about pigeons pal
About parents and grandparents never seeing a race crate so a great grand child being put to stock for future breeding.
I ment zero harm to Devo,
Only saying what I believe in.
MIL

Hi George

If you wish to leave then that's your decision and it must be respected

I would urge you to reconsider though.

I'm new to this site and we're only in the infancy of discussing pigeons on here. I've been on Pigeon Forums for over 25 years now and in that time I've been called everything under the sun. Those comments don't bother me because a: I know they're inaccurate, b: the people that know me know they're inaccurate and c: they're invariably from people that I have little and no respect for (so why would their opinions offend me) ?

You've got a lot to offer, and I respect the way that you go about your birds, so if you did reconsider I'd be very pleased

Either way, we'll still continue our communications in one way shape or form.

Mike
Albert

Anthony webster wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:47 pm
Albert wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:14 pm What's that about. ?
It might be a comment I made about pigeons pal
About parents and grandparents never seeing a race crate so a great grand child being put to stock for future breeding.
I ment zero harm to Devo,
Only saying what I believe in.
This is a forum where we share our thoughts, experiences, and opinions on pigeons, I looked at your comment on that thread, and I don't see anything that would offend anyone.
Murray

i guess sometimes by expressing an opinion, or even stating a fact, without intending to we can give offense. I sort of try to consider whether what I am about to post is likely to offend someone before clicking on it.
Some people get their noses out of joint more easily..... :x
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Buster121

Murray wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:02 am i guess sometimes by expressing an opinion, or even stating a fact, without intending to we can give offense. I sort of try to consider whether what I am about to post is likely to offend someone before clicking on it.
Mostly the way people read it or what they read into it
Murray

Buster121 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:17 am
Murray wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:02 am i guess sometimes by expressing an opinion, or even stating a fact, without intending to we can give offense. I sort of try to consider whether what I am about to post is likely to offend someone before clicking on it.
That is true.
I do, however, have to admit to having said some things on here which on reflection could have been said with a little bit more tact. :) :oops:
We are all on here for our mutual interest in the pigeon sport. I do think we should always respect each other and be considerate.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Trev

Very sad to see both Devo and George leave the site, they've been with it since the start and I have enjoyed their posts and friendship, I wish them both well.
Trev

Murray wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:59 am
Buster121 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:17 am
That is true.
I do, however, have to admit to having said some things on here which on reflection could have been said with a little bit more tact. :) :oops:
We are all on here for our mutual interest in the pigeon sport. I do think we should always respect each other and be considerate.
I completely agree, it is very easy, through modern technology to quite innocently offend people where no offence is intended.
I do think though that we as pigeon fanciers, and indeed people in general, are very good at judging and criticising other people and their ideas/ways rather than just accepting that just because its not the way we'd do it doesn't make it wrong.
We can all be very opinionated and this can often be misinterpreted and easily become offensive, and as you say Muzza, this interpretation is often down to how we write things more than the actual content written.
Sadly we do live in a society today that is far too easily offended whereas years ago a decent argument would often clear the air :D :D