Floor covering

Need any help or advice post it here.
Daz71

Big day tomorrow our young Birds are arriving, our loft has a concrete floor should I be putting anything down, like straw?
Andy

When I had a concrete floor I also had floor grills. It worked very well. If you’re going to use deep litter I would use cat litter pellets. Otherwise just clean out twice a day. The draw back with concrete over wood is that it doesn’t soak up any moisture.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Great news Daz, I hope they settle in well for you, I look forward to seeing pictures of them soon.
As for what to put on the floor, its another of those preference issues. You don't need to put anything down, straw is always nice but can be a pain when it needs cleaning out and can be costly. I use pellets, have a read of the deep litter post mate, you'll get some guidance from that.
All the best
Buster121

Daz71 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:40 pm Big day tomorrow our young Birds are arriving, our loft has a concrete floor should I be putting anything down, like straw?
Great news look forward to seeing the updates on them, I did put couple posts up on the starting out topic regarding the UBI have you seen it
Daz71

thanks guys just read the deep litter post I should of read the forum before posting sorry
Daz71

Buster121 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:58 pm
Daz71 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:40 pm Big day tomorrow our young Birds are arriving, our loft has a concrete floor should I be putting anything down, like straw?
Great news look forward to seeing the updates on them, I did put couple posts up on the starting out topic regarding the UBI have you seen it
we will keep you informed as our journey begins :D yes just read the post on the UBI thanks.
Trev

Good luck, and most of all, enjoy the birds.
Andy

Good luck with your new additions Daz. Hope you and your son enjoy this sport.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Albert

Concrete floors on damp days draws moisture, the only loft I was in with a concrete floor, had straw on the floor, and the guy had a great record at 500+ miles.