Young birds ..inject early

Say hello to all the other members on the forum.
diesel

Hi what’s the thoughts on injecting early with annual jab .Does it benefit Young birds against young bird sickness . I read of fanciers doing them in the nest. I do them after they start batching but always have sickness 1st or 2nd race .thanks Diesel .
Andy

It would depend on what vaccine you use. The colombovac can be used at 21 days. Nobivac from 5 weeks of age. I injected all of mine, old and this year early young birds a few weeks ago. I don’t know whether it is of any significance as I know a lot of people have different views, but I don’t have my youngsters on darkness. I am the only member in our club that doesn’t use the darkness and I was the only member last year that didn’t have young bird sickness at some point during the season. I also don’t use any other medication.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Johnbee
Great Britain

Vaccinate mine when I wean them and again end of May. Not suffered illness with youngsters for many years, touch wood!
Trev

I don't know if it's just coincidental but I had young bird sickness three years running, last year I vaccinated mine at weaning age, strangely enough I didn't get any sickness.
Unfortunately due to health problems I've not done them yet this year so am just hoping I don't regret it.
diesel

Thanks for reply lads Doing mine early than normal this year going to see what happens.second round after weening.
king

Since I stopped racing in 2018 I've stopped vaccinating for PMV. When I raced I did mine just before racing. I certainly would NOT do them in the nest.
Buster121

king wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:49 pm Since I stopped racing in 2018 I've stopped vaccinating for PMV. When I raced I did mine just before racing. I certainly would NOT do them in the nest.
Same here