feeding weaned ybs

Need any help or advice post it here.
George and Morgan

when you wean ybs do you leave food for them all the time
Devo1956

George and Morgan wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:59 am when you wean ybs do you leave food for them all the time
To be honest George, the weaned youngsters need to be trained to the call of food, So shaking the tin before feeding gets them in the loft routine of feeding, so when they are flying around the loft. The shake of the tin lets them know it is feeding time. This will help the youngsters when they go to the new owner.
Buster121

George and Morgan wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:59 am when you wean ybs do you leave food for them all the time
I leave food down all the time but use a clicker when doing it so they recognise clicker means food
George and Morgan

i will remove the food but only to see if the tail goes down when eating as was said it won't last training
Andy

I will leave food in front of them all day when first weaned. Taken away at night. But once eating readily, after about a week, the feed is taken away after a few minutes.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

Devo1956 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:06 pm
To be honest George, the weaned youngsters need to be trained to the call of food, So shaking the tin before feeding gets them in the loft routine of feeding, so when they are flying around the loft. The shake of the tin lets them know it is feeding time. This will help the youngsters when they go to the new owner.
I quite agree.
If they are big enough to be on the floor, they are big enough to start learning the ropes.
Greetings from the land down under. :D